Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ES 18-BPH impressions???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddujovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ES 18-BPH impressions???
    Posted: 01 September 2007 at 6:52pm
Hi somebody tried ES 18 BPH Horn how they sound?????
asaa00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asaa00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:57pm
id LOVE to know how the 2xES18-BPH/USB/TSW-718 compare to the HD215

anyone have firsthand experience?

Edited by asaa00 - 09 May 2008 at 9:12pm
smithers View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 7:59pm
we have 2, these bins are heaving....they eat HD15's for breakfast.
PD 186 loaded with 2k of juice and they sing!
nice easy build too, suprised there's not more of 'em around.
bell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 8:03pm
is this true?! i would love to hear a few more opinions as this will definately help me decide how im about to spend my hard earnt penny's. 
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 9:11pm
A stack of 4 186 loaded was silly, if we had been playing anything like techno or psy it would've blown your face off (though it was only used as a kick section and we reealy had no need for the ridiculous head room) 2 is great as a kick section above our subs. the only minor flaw is the size, they're significantly larger than the HD15 and single USB.
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
staiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 9:25pm
Yes :) .. size matters !

They are designed to be capable for use as bass solution even if used without real subs (of course than must be used in stacks of more cabinets)
USB-s are primary designed as kick section for use with LAB-horns .. so a bit smaller but also with a bit less low extension than ES-18BPH.

If you plan to use ES18-s without additional subs under I'll recommend to use them coupled in stacks of at least 4 per side.

Best wishes
Just do it! ..or do not.. ;)
Spesh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 9:59pm
I have HD15's and USBs. In my opinion the USB's are much better, which would lead me to believe that the ES18's would be too.
Symmetry Soundsystem
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 10:41pm
I have 4xHD215's, they are usually used for house or hard dance events and have always been more than adequate,a club I used to frequent used USBs and i couldnt really hear much of a difference other than perhaps the USBs had a harder edge, if that makes sense?
Spesh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

I have 4xHD215's, they are usually used for house or hard dance events and have always been more than adequate,a club I used to frequent used USBs and i couldnt really hear much of a difference other than perhaps the USBs had a harder edge, if that makes sense?

I've found USB's to be considerably louder. And generally beefier sounding.

Edited by Spesh - 07 May 2010 at 10:53pm
Symmetry Soundsystem
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 11:36pm

I'm only going by what I've heard, perhaps the clubs LMS settings could have been better for the the cabs they were using.

bell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 8:27am
im leaning towards building ES18's at the moment but (as i'll prodomenently be playing psytrance) am finding it hard to just say go for it as the HD15 fan club is pretty sizeable! i know one of my favourite rigs uses cabs with 2x15" drivers(jodies opus). but do they run that with subs also? or is it just large enough stacks? and would the HD215 cut it along side of these i ask my self.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 9:12am
Originally posted by asaa00 asaa00 wrote:

id LOVE to know how the 2xES18-BPH/USB/TSW-718 compare to the HD215
Originally posted by smithers smithers wrote:

we have 2, these bins are heaving....they eat HD15's for breakfast.
PD 186 loaded with 2k of juice and they sing!
nice easy build too, suprised there's not more of 'em around.
Originally posted by sKs01 sKs01 wrote:

A stack of 4 186 loaded was silly, if we had been playing anything like techno or psy it would've blown your face off (though it was only used as a kick section and we reealy had no need for the ridiculous head room) 2 is great as a kick section above our subs. the only minor flaw is the size, they're significantly larger than the HD15 and single USB.
Originally posted by staiper staiper wrote:

They are designed to be capable for use as bass solution even if used without real subs (of course than must be used in stacks of more cabinets)
USB-s are primary designed as kick section for use with LAB-horns .. so a bit smaller but also with a bit less low extension than ES-18BPH.

Interesting! The older threads are always the best.

What are these cabs below? Heard them tumpin' very hard with strong force a while back!

img135/4156/loveunlimitedboxes06smlyn0.jpg

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>