Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 18" horn, Invader Bin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 39>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 18" horn, Invader Bin
    Posted: 07 September 2007 at 9:50pm
here's the most recent plywood assault.. somehow 4 sheets of ply became the cabs below ..work pretty well too ;)

... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

(own design)

Update:
Recommended driver for this cabinet is now the Fane 18xs, its an astonishingly good value for money, efficient 1200w driver :) - http://fane-international.com/prod_details.aspx?pid=335

see page 4 for construction details:
http://forum.speakerplans.com/topic11659_post369161.html#369161

Edited by nineleaves - 21 October 2013 at 11:03am
super-hero View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super-hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2007 at 9:58pm
They look fantastic, well done.
Where did you get the handles?
I'm not an animal, I'm a human being.
nineleaves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2007 at 10:02pm
ta..

http://www.bluearan.co.uk/
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 1:18am
what are they??? look a bit like labs from the front [but they are not]
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 1:27am
its a design of my own; rather than a 'commercial clone' or a public domain design :) Tho yes i an see the resemblance to danley designs :)
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 2:35am
Very nice workClap
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 9:26am
what is the purpose of the 6 bolts in the hatch?

great work by the way, you have rebated the curved edges of the handles absolutely perfectly.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 9:38am
Looks a lot like the CV bins.

Excellent craftmenshift man. Bravo.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by nineleaves nineleaves wrote:

its a design of my own; rather than a 'commercial clone' or a public domain design :)
Brilliant stuff - What drivers you're running in them mate?
STANLEY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STANLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 4:12pm
They do look a little like cerwin vega's bins Big%20smile. I like !!!!  Very clean . Handles are tight Clap . 
Stanley
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 4:29pm
i literaly meant the roughly 50% as wide as heigh proportion so that a pair forms a cube.
and the panels on the front are roughly the same number..... not in anyway shape or form saying that they remotely resemble a lab internaly though... very nice looking boxes there, well done
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 5:55pm
the six bolts are for reinforcing the 3mm aluminum access panel (which also in CV ways serves as a cooling plate). they go through some nice chunky bits of steel bar, making the panel aburdly stiff :)

the driver is a fane 18b600 (the new ones) ..whilst they probably don't pack the full spl potential of the voids or pd's.. they do produce absurdly clean bass at more than ample levels. I recommend giving them a try ;)
i'm somewhat in two minds about sharing the exact design mind, id usually not be too bothered.. tho if some of the local 'competition' got the designs, there could be some headaches & arguments ahead...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 39>