Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE T.RACKS DS 2/4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE T.RACKS DS 2/4
    Posted: 21 October 2007 at 7:42pm
Has anyone used this speaker management unit b4?  It looks like the perfect (budget) addition to the stack amp rack for a system i'm designing.  I only need 3-way (might go 4 way in the future), the dcx2496 & others would be OK for both stacks, but i want to keep 1 rack per stack & just deliver 1 power & 1 signal cable to each stack.

cheers,
  Rob
What I cannot create, I do not understand
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 8:14pm
Looks like a 4 output channel version of the Digidrive we're discussing over in the For Sale section.

They're a bit clunky to use but once they're set up the sound quality is fine.

Edit: silly mistake!

Edited by ceharden - 21 October 2007 at 8:15pm
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 9:50pm
i purchased a second hand bss soundweb 9088 from ebay for £325 last year, and its the best management unit i have ever had. totally versitile, 8 in 8 out and awesome sound quality. you just need to get used to having your laptop pluged in to it, but once your have got the knack of that, you wount beat it.
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 10:57pm
Good sound quality from a Soundweb?  Are you sure? The 9088iis sounds a bit better but I still don't like the sound of them compared with say an Omnidrive.  The limiters in the Soundweb are a bit iffy too, they just don't seem to work.

I do love the Soundwebs for installs because of the flexibility and the fact that there are no controls to be played with but not as main system controllers.

roborg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2007 at 1:02pm
The t.racks ds2/4 seems perfect for my project, i'll work up the courage to order a couple soon....
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2007 at 8:24pm
I bought one and used it. Works fine. the only annoying thing with it is the resolution of crossover/eq frequencies. Worse than minidrive. For example I remember having to chose either 1k or 2k, nothing in between.

Limiters seemed to work well. Has a nice "fade up" of the volume as you turn it on! and the best thing is that you don't get the sound cutting out when you change something as you do on the Behringer Ultradrive - which pissed me off no end!

yea. I'm sure you get what you pay for, but i found it fine. only used it twice tho..
roborg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by davey t davey t wrote:

I bought one and used it. Works fine. the only annoying thing with it is the resolution of crossover/eq frequencies. Worse than minidrive. For example I remember having to chose either 1k or 2k, nothing in between.

It would be a big problem if the low&high pass frequencies aren't very flexible.  I found a manual for this LMS but it didnt specify anything else than a LPF,HPF range.  It did say the param-eq used the 31iso frequency bands.  Maybe the hi/lo pass filters (for the x-over) are also the iso bands?  That would be just about OK as that gives 800, 1k & 1.25k, which is just about adequate for an mt102/mt122 style cab.
  Not cutting out when changing parameters is good tho, there's nothing like a good twiddle with the controls when the system is being used live ;)
  I think on balance the auto measurement feature of the ultradrive & the extra two outputs makes the small ammount extra worth paying (maybe get behringer to sponsor the project hehe, i've already filled a processing rack with their goodies, rx1202 rack-mixer, mdx2600 compressor, ex3200 enhancer, dsp2024 fx and an fbq2600 eq.   Only thing i didn't get was their rack-light, cos it looks too much like a handle....
waurma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waurma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2012 at 5:24pm
does this controller have a USB interface on it?
Preacher View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2012 at 7:17pm
No USB on this one, it is RS232 serial port, though I do believe they have a next more expensive T.Racks DSP unit with USB available (I think!)
Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.
LjudLahger View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2012 at 8:04pm
I really think that rs232 are from the stoneage! Usb or wireless cant be expensive, computer components are so cheap right now. Sorry for "hijack"
Walle_W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walle_W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 11:45pm
I got one and for the price it's good.

I can check the steps for crossover frequencies tomorrow if you wan't

(edit spelling, still not perfect ;) )

Edited by Walle_W - 19 February 2012 at 11:46pm
GekoMusic94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GekoMusic94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Walle_W Walle_W wrote:

I got one and for the price it's good.

I can check the steps for crossover frequencies tomorrow if you wan't

(edit spelling, still not perfect ;) )

Nice!! Thank you!!Smile
https://soundcloud.com/dj-uber
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>