Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bose 802 service manual wanted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4DPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 8:11pm
I believe thats a car festoon light bulb used as part of the hf protection circuit does it say 12v  perchance..
bs8901 compliant
xlogic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 8:15pm
aye it does. 

The thing is, the other box that 1/2 works is wired differently as i said, all the wires from the speakers go to the  protection circuit.  I think i need to  unsolder ALL the speakers carefully marking wires and colours so that I can put it back together and then remover the protection circuit so I can test this for faults.

Please if anyone can think of any better ideas let me know quick cos this is gunna be a mission...
xlogic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 8:17pm
it says 12V12CP not sure of the wattage. Never really listened much in physics and all the electronics I know is from just taking things apart and occasionally putting em back together!
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 11:33am
They are probably 12V 21W, and either 31mm or 39mm long. I think they were wired like this, but it's been 20 years since I was inside one.

Edited by _djk_ - 27 October 2007 at 11:37am
djk
xlogic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 2:42pm
cheers for that - I think thats the mk1 one, ill tackle the mk2 one when I regain my  motivation!

Just fitting a front mount intercooler for my car which is turning out to be another ballache! AND its started raining...maybe someones trying to tell me to get back to work on the 802s

Edited by xlogic - 27 October 2007 at 2:43pm
kentuckytukker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kentuckytukker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2007 at 9:03pm

Hi,

I've got all manuals for the 802 series 1 up to 3. if you drop me an email i'll send the pdf's to you
olly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 6:53pm
Hi
manuals for the 802 series 1 up to 3. the pdf's Please
Thank You
Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 10:00am
Originally posted by xlogic xlogic wrote:

cheers for that - I think thats the mk1 one, ill tackle the mk2 one when I regain my  motivation!

Just fitting a front mount intercooler for my car which is turning out to be another ballache! AND its started raining...maybe someones trying to tell me to get back to work on the 802s

how you getting on with these X ??
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 11:41am
Think he's sold them already?
drayhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drayhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2007 at 8:27pm
Hi,
I've been having the same problem. I've got two pairs of 802mkIIs, one pair sound great, the other pair seems to be working only on the middle four of each cabinet. they don't seem to be wired in simple series as some of the drivers have two wires to one terminal. Do you have a schematic of the mkII as the diagram shown earlier must be for the MkI.
How is the circuit board attached/removed from the cabinet?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers

imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2007 at 8:12pm
@drayhair

Originally posted by CLsystems CLsystems wrote:

back dont come off!
the grill comes off, unscrew the too locking rings on front, and remove logo plate, the grill then lifts off.
access to inside is via removing the drivers. the ports also come off.

what do you want too know??

then put your arm in through one of the inner driver holes holding a crosshead screwdriver backwards, other hand holding a mirror, third hand holding the torch and use your mouth for swearing. I find it easiest if the whole thing is on the floor. there should only be two screws holding the board in place. Check wiring and individual drivers first (disconnect drivers before checking their continuity)

Edited by imageoven - 18 December 2007 at 8:14pm
drayhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drayhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2007 at 8:43pm
Cheers, I'll have a look. Presumably each driver should either work and be at about 1 ohm or be 'open-circuit'. If they are wired in series and one driver becomes open-circiut isn't the circuit opened for the whole lot? Conversely if any sound is coming from any of them, they must all be working and any fault must be on the circuit board. Could the inside four and the outside four be on separate series circuits? Do you have a wiring diag for the MkIIs?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>