Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guide to WinISD Pro and Hornresp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 11:16am
Just use VirtualBox and boot a copy of Windows proper in a VM.
Avatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 1:52pm
Hi!

Now hornresp works, i didnt recognize that my old win-pc is repaired and works again. LOL

In hornresp, i tried to simulate single usb loaded with rcf lf18g401.

Single usb
s1= 825.60
s2=877,2
con=13
s3=1210
con=20.5
s4=2770
con=33.5

vrc=46.5
lrc=22.7
fr=0
tal=0
vtc=31205
atc=2100

But when i want to change the driver arrangement to 2 parallel (full usb),
i only get : Vrc / Lrc { 2x Sd.

I dont think that doubling VRC and LRC is the answer, because VRC and LRC belong to one
driver, right?

Please help
thx
Avatron
Centauri View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 1:59pm
If simulating a full USB, you simulate it as one large horn, so all areas and volumes combined, and then pick 2 drivers.  Alternately, if you have a half USB simulated, then use the multiple speakers option to simulate two halves together.
Avatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 2:08pm
thx i found it!

It works for simulating 1 - 3 speakers.
But when i try to simulate 4 or more speakers (in this case 4 or more single usb)
i get:

"Caution Horn Segment 3 normalised 4 pi mouth circumference in exponential flare cutoff
frequency wavelengths = 1,04"

"For multiple-segement horns, the more that value of Cir excedds 1 for any horn segment, the less
accurate the calculated throat acoustical impedance and other results become.
Are you sure you want to continue?"
Avatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 3:11pm
Can someone verify my simulation, please?

I think that this is the right thread for this simulation, because its my first try,
and i believe there is an error somewhere because the cone excursion.

If a moderator read this, please correct me if i'm wrong and i will post in the 
"database simulation" thread in "other plans"!

Input data:

Respone half usb

gettin a warning, when i try to sim more than 3 speakers

response 6 half usb (3 full usb)

MaxSPL (3 full usb)

Diaphragm displacement

thx in advance
avatron

Edited by Avatron - 03 June 2013 at 11:23am
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2013 at 2:46am
you wonder why you dont get over 146db for six cabs so ~139db out of a single BPH without getting probems with xmax ?
Avatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2013 at 12:43pm
My last post wasn't clear enough written! 

The Xmax problems start at 100 Watt (as far as i remember), this is the thing i wonder about.

Also in my last post i tried to sim USB + RCF LF18G401.
But i will use the Celestion FTR18-4080FD!

In the second sim (with celestion) i also get xmax problems at ~100 Watt!
So i did something wrong, but i dont know what.
screeldnb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote screeldnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2017 at 1:27am
Does anyone have the input values for a mth 4654 tapped horn? 

eyeT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eyeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2017 at 6:18am
High, I have used winisd in the past to build a boom box, a small 20ltr monitor set and a double 15 slightly modded from Tony Wilkes design on here. With the boom box and the monitors I had to do extensive re-shaping of the ports (multiple) to get the response I was aiming for. The double 15 behaved as expected (single port). I recently put the 200ltr fane box into winisd and got port lengths about three times the length of the plans (for a reasonably flat response from an xb). So I put in a couple of other recommended plans with multiple ports and had similar results. I read on another forum that the program has trouble with multiple ports. Can someone here confirm that? Or am I going for too flat a response? I don't think so because the bump in low frequencies seems huge with the winisd port lengths
recommended. I hope I havn't missed this some where, couldn't find it in this thread.

eyeT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eyeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2017 at 2:53pm
Bump.
 Sorry peepsEmbarrassed, different timezone to most on here (India) and my lucid thoughts start with morning coffeeBig smile .
Any one else noticed this or have I just screwed up some where?
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2017 at 6:16pm
How big / how many ports?
eyeT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eyeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2017 at 6:56pm
The 200ltr Fane constructor box for 18xb etc. Four ports. I put the 18xb in a 200ltr box in winisd got the response to a pretty flat line but the 4x ports were at least 3 times the length of the plan for the same diameter. When I tried it with the suggested length for the ports the graph did not look right at all,
huge short bump and a very high cut off. I don't have access to the pc right now so I can't give actual
figures. I tried with the 12" cab from the constructor series (2 ports) and got ports approx' 3x as long as the plan again to achieve the suggested cut off. When I modeled a 20ltr box with one port all went well,
the box behaved as expected when built. I modeled a box 20ltr for the same speaker with 2x ports, built it but found myself cutting down and widening the ports quite a bit, a lot I'd say, to get a similar
response to the 20ltr with the single port. The double 15" al a Tony wilkes I modeled for my driver,
shortened the port a little as It is primarily my kick bin, always plays out doors and doesn't need the low extension. That works just as predicted, single port again. "Baffled" I amConfused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>