Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Here is the original EV T18 Plan!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2014 at 9:43pm

Hugo have you tried a cubo 18 yet, on an a/b the cubo sounds a lot warmer, and hits low and hard, yet playing the notes....

https://www.elements-audio.com
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2014 at 2:20am
Originally posted by DJ-Versatile DJ-Versatile wrote:

Anybody tried the B&C 18tbx100's in these?

Ive loaded Cubo 18's ext with the above mentioned driver with excellent results
DJ-Versatile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Versatile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2014 at 1:05pm
mmm.. time to upgrade then methinks! by the way if anyone has any i'm searching for a pair preferably unloaded for the summer :)
If you are the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room....
Hugo Biermann View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2014 at 8:41pm
Haven't heard cubo's. I do still love their sound. I work with enough different bass rigs. They surprise me every time. Thats the T18's.

Edited by Hugo Biermann - 17 March 2014 at 8:42pm
DJ-Versatile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Versatile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2014 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Hugo Biermann Hugo Biermann wrote:

Haven't heard cubo's. I do still love their sound. I work with enough different bass rigs. They surprise me every time. Thats the T18's.
I meant to ask you hugo what are yours loaded with, i've got some cash together and am looking at either the colossus xb's or pd 186, literally torn between the two!!
If you are the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room....
Hugo Biermann View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2014 at 12:39pm
They are EVX180 and DAS 18G loaded.

I recently heard a 4stack loaded with cheap JB-Systems PWX 18-600 and, FU€K, that moved a lot of air.  I could not believe it! Tight and controlled. I'm looking into them to see how long they last. We have 4 cabs loaded with them too now. Been 4 months and going strong. Gigging electronic parties flat out almost every weekend.
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 9:32am
What is the difference to T18's and SB180's?
Also, what are the drawbacks of these designs?

On paper, it states these can play upto 500hz.
How true is this?

Edited by Motion54 - 20 May 2015 at 9:33am
bruce@bluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 9:47am
Very similar the dimensions for the 180 look different though also I doubt they will perform anywhere above 150Hz. PS Hugo I like your amp. Who made your pc boards ?    
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 10:19am
People forget there are 4 ways of loading and wiring these.
Cone Out, Cone in. In phase, out phase Original cab had + and - reversed at socket to not confuse punter. Loaded magnet out they then fired backwards.
Plenty horns out there useless below 55hz, T18 can be made to do a good job in very big places if you don't want sub 50 and it's a seriously easy build.
I've covered this tons but if you have four, put the top two upside down and walk to the end of the football pitch. Something happens to the non existant phenomanon that is throw :)
It's everything, not everythink!
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 10:39am
sum speakers 'throw' further than others LOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 12:46pm
How high can they comfortably play?
bruce@bluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 1:17pm
Will not go above 150Hz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>