Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite 12" Mid Driver?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2015 at 8:03am
Originally posted by _djk_ _djk_ wrote:

"bear in mind that the <SPAN>12PE32</SPAN> is now available to order only as a special item "

Nowhere at B&C site does it say that, and no dealer in the USA says that.

I am a B&C dealer and was told that the 12PE32 was moved onto the special order only list back at the start of 2015. Due to this, Proel who are the B&C distributer in the UK no longer hold it in stock, therefore any orders off it will need to come direct from B&C in Italy.
B&C themselves hold no stock of finished drivers whatsoever, therefore will only build the driver when they have sufficient orders for a batch quantity, which is 50 units if my memory is correct.
Off course there is nothing stopping US distribution holding this driver on stock in the US if it is still a good seller, but this us not the case in the UK.

B&C will continue to provide re-cone kits for the foreseeable future so no worries there.

Edited by csg - 15 April 2015 at 8:09am
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2015 at 8:54am

That will be just too bad, EV has discontinued the DL12X as well.

(I have four new 12PE32 stashed)

Edited by _djk_ - 15 April 2015 at 8:55am
djk
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2015 at 9:22am
yes indeed - i only discovered this when i sent an order in for several 12PE32's only to be told that i would have to wait several months. I offered my customer some alternatives ( simple reflex cab, to to be honest the 12PE32 was not the best choice anyway) which he went with. As it terns out the alternative worked very well in his application.

its a dying breed of driver regrettably.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2015 at 10:47am
I´m a big fan of the SN12MB/12B and they have gone now as well. Sometimes I just don´t understand who makes these decisions. Stupid.  Ouch

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
ubersafka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersafka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 11:22am
Hmm. I'm looking to buy two mids to go on top of 2 x Fane colossus 18XB crossed over at around 80hz. Seperate sealed cabinets for both. I was first looking at Fane Sovereign Pro 12-500, but now im looking at Fane Sovereign 12-300 because its twice cheaper. Reading this thread, everyones liking BC 12PE32, which are pretty much the only ones from this thread still available in my country.

I dont understand the WinISD graph, is the BC not suitable for a sealed cab at all, or what is wrong with the curve?

http://www.bcspeakers.com/products/lf-driver/12-0/8/12pe32

https://www.fane-international.com/view-product/SOVEREIGN-PRO-12-500

https://www.fane-international.com/view-product/SOVEREIGN-12-300
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 2:52pm
There's nothing "wrong" with that curve -it's displaying exactly what that driver will do in that sized cabinet. It will go a little lower in a smaller cab than you've modelled, but there is one big trade off you have to accept: when you chose a high efficiency driver like that, it will never go as low as a less efficient driver.
If you have to cross out of your bass bins at 80-100Hz, it's probably not the right midrange for you.

Originally posted by ubersafka ubersafka wrote:

Hmm. I'm looking to buy two mids to go on top of 2 x Fane colossus 18XB crossed over at around 80hz. Seperate sealed cabinets for both. I was first looking at Fane Sovereign Pro 12-500, but now im looking at Fane Sovereign 12-300 because its twice cheaper. Reading this thread, everyones liking BC 12PE32, which are pretty much the only ones from this thread still available in my country.

I dont understand the WinISD graph, is the BC not suitable for a sealed cab at all, or what is wrong with the curve?

http://www.bcspeakers.com/products/lf-driver/12-0/8/12pe32

https://www.fane-international.com/view-product/SOVEREIGN-PRO-12-500

https://www.fane-international.com/view-product/SOVEREIGN-12-300
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 1:40pm
just a quick talk about 12" and b&c... im supposing to swap my 12hpl76 with something else -they work very well a lot musically than others- but now is time do change so I was checking 12pe32 but the man in b&c suggest me to keep my attention to 12mh32 that for them are much better and have a much better reliability/efficcicency than the old 12pe... application in mid from 200-to 800/1000, sealed or horn loading... what do you think?
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 4:03pm
12NDL76 is what you want. PE and MH series are damn old and outdated mechanically.
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 4:11pm
I played last 10 years with hpl76, happy but now ive to give it away for personal reason...so the update seems to be a step backward for you... i will misure something soon and let u know, 1 12mh32 is happy at home that waiting for my free time ;)
Pbg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pbg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 5:57pm
I use the 12mh in reflex cabs (stage monitors) and it makes some other good speakers sound smeared and gross in the 400-900 range. Have not used anything more modern and am quite curious what I'd hear in a NDL that I don't get out of the MH.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456