Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12" driver - Punisher

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silas )))))) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12" driver - Punisher
    Posted: 25 January 2008 at 2:49pm
Hello i am thinking of building a few punishers and have a few JBL 1200w drivers not sure on the model numbers. They are 12" and wondered if they could be used in a punisher cabinet?

Cheers
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 2:56pm
I have 2.4l engine that has been sitting in my shed, I'm not sure what vehicle it came out of or what it runs on. Do you think it would work well in a racing car that I want to build?
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by biotec biotec wrote:

I have 2.4l engine that has been sitting in my shed, I'm not sure what vehicle it came out of or what it runs on. Do you think it would work well in a racing car that I want to build?

3 words.
nail,head and hit,
that 12" could be a mid kick or sub driver, could be reflex band pass or horn suitable, could even be a monitor driver.
the punisher is definetly a demanding cab in which few drivers will work well
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 4:32pm
To put it another way; it's 12 inches, it will likely fit in the gap and you can bolt it in so it could be used in a Punisher.

You'd be daft to try without getting the model number, full specs and doing a few simulations of the response though.
Silas )))))) View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silas )))))) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 5:47pm
Will do a bit of research then
xlogic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2008 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by biotec biotec wrote:

It would be quite easy to tell if it is petrol or deisel. Does it have spark plugs. Does it have the gearbox with it. You could get an engineering company to make you some driveshafts. With a bit of welding you could modify the engine bay and mounts to seat it correctly.

Have you got any pics LOL
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2008 at 10:54am
I was beeing creative with my use of metaphors.

Chances are that if I did have an engine in my shed it would be slow reving, very old, diesel, and probably air cooled.
 Post Reply Post Reply