Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound TSW-218

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_sergiov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbosound TSW-218
    Posted: 08 February 2008 at 12:29am
Anybody out there have a detailed drawing of the TSW-218s? I have a friend who is a cabinet maker that owes me a favor and wants to make me some cabinets. I can get the drivers from local distributors.

I own mostly all Turbosound speakers but I dont have the 218s and I dont want to pay alot for new ones and shipping them to Los Angeles is expensive. Need a local fab solution.

Any help is much appreciated.

Sergio V
justamadman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justamadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 11:51am
good luck m8
in front of the bass bins baby
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 3:27pm
Doesn't those sw218 look extremely close to USB sub?
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
justamadman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justamadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 4:39pm

errrrm, the usb isnt a sub, it plays low mid.

and yes they do have a resemblence, curved like an HD rather than angled like the usb. more like a cross between an 18" HD215 and an ES18-BPH looks wise anyway.

in front of the bass bins baby
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by justamadman justamadman wrote:

errrrm, the usb isnt a sub, it plays low mid.

Lets be fair and say high bass at least..
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2008 at 12:11am
I meant cab. Not sub. Sorry.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2008 at 11:33am
the USB or double ES18-BPH looks very similar & plays the same frequencey band, why not build them instead?
dj_sergiov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_sergiov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 9:52pm
Looks like I am going to do that (build a USB). I have plans for the USB design but wanted to make sure I have exhausted all possibilities of finding the 218. I have a friend who owns a pair. Maybe I can ask him to let me measure them. Even though some of the measurements may have to be worked out.

Does anyone out there have a proper comparative analysis of these 2 cabinets?

Serge
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 4:31pm
Anyone tried to open one of these?
The wadding in mine sits on top of the cone (driver sits with magnet in horn) seems a bit odd to me.
Two are rattling, don't see any other possible causes, could it be the cabling?
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 6:29pm
not sure what you mean by wadding sits on cone... can you take a picture...

sorry yes I see what you mean, yes that correct. wadding in rear chamber. I very much doubt the rattling is the cable, use a rubber hammer, and tap on braces ect to see if you can find out which one it is. Are you sure its not an air leak from driver hatch.... or speakon plate....

Edited by bee - 07 October 2015 at 6:31pm
https://www.elements-audio.com
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 7:11pm

Thanx man!
Yup, wadding sits right on top of the cone.
Some was even sticking to the surround silicone:-(

Drivers had washers wider than the recession in the basket, could give a small leak, but the others are the same (guess i should change all).
I stripped up the cables, both drivers rattling where on the speakerwire side.

Problem seems to be solved, wadding still looks strange to me...

Should I fill the same into my other bph i wonder? -Could be dangerous as my 24 fane 18-1500 bph are front loaded and chamber could overheat. I tried turning them around, but they lost quite some sensitivity:-( Then I'd need a spacer ring to compensate for changed volume in front / rear chamber if I want to rearload them. Fane 18b600 sounds much better when rearloaded in my other bph, but not 18-1500, guess the 1500 prefers a smaller chamber than b600...

www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 10:18pm
Woooow, that chamber is fully packed there. 
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>