FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best recommended box for RCF L18 P300

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best recommended box for RCF L18 P300
    Posted: 10 July 2015 at 10:04pm
gae single or double is a bog standard reflex box, fairly low tuned.
nothing magic going on, simple to design your own version using online calculators and a little reading on BR cabinets in general :)
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by KidCreole KidCreole wrote:

Look at the GAE double 18 too
Do you have a link for the specs? What model GAE specifically? isn't that a normal reflex box?

Hello!!!
Copa disco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Copa disco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2014 at 5:37pm
CV SL36 Sound nice in stacks of 4. indoor and also outdoor they have nice bass, never heard the WSX, but heard from others they are wicked outdoor loaded with some special drivers.

KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2014 at 8:40pm
Look at the GAE double 18 too
Mykey Wattco
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2014 at 8:33pm
Its been a while, but I ended up just buying some home built EAW SB850's and loaded them. Happy with the sound.

I also got four super scoops loaded with RCF L18 P300 (on a deal). They sound pretty loud IMHO. Even though I read that they are not supposed to be used in horn loaded designs.
Hello!!!
asaa00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asaa00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 8:40am
WSX,that horn was meant for that driver

Edited by asaa00 - 13 April 2011 at 8:40am
BMJ Sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMJ Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2011 at 7:29am
Thank You for your support.
Cracking the atmosphere with bass
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 12:11am
Well first of all, to say "no one cares about thiele parameters" and then refer to "dj" IS TOTALLY wrong. A DJ is not a sound technician, and only knows how to play songs and scratch. A genuine boxbuilder knows about T/S parameters and cares how it is used. Also to say that "in Trinidad no one cares" is unfair too.

I am a trinidadian and and a good few fellow Sound technicians do care about our boxes specifications more particularly, Theile Small parameters. I dont have experience with the 18 sound lw1400 so I cannot recommend an enclosure.

Oh yeah, and most DJ's dont "recommend Zebra and Sound Barrier" eh. Well at least the professionals I know dont recommend them and dont use them. Yuh makin Trinidad look bad man. Talk to ppl who know their stuff nah.
Hello!!!
BMJ Sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMJ Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 2:02pm
In trinidad no one cares about thiele parameters most dj wants something loud and sounding good, because of expensive equipment most highly recommend sound barrier and zebra, though i tend to stay as far away from those but i did see a stack of lalo's "trapeziod" bass back in 2005 and that's what he told me, maybe i was misinformed. Anyway what enclosure would you recommend for the 18 sound lw1400 18 inch loudspeaker.
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by BMJ Sound BMJ Sound wrote:

Be informed that Lalo made his own designs in the eaw subs to suit 1000 watts rms drivers so when you stood in front of 1 sb850 you was getting slammed with 2000 watts rms of rock solid bass...cheers but then again LALO was and always be a legend in trini.
Ok, well lets analyse the statement then.

1) Lalo did not 'design' anything, he just scaled down, and played with the box tuning, all by ear, he did not use box building design/programs for proper analysis, nor did he use the T/S parameters to do what he did. Also, one cannot 'make' design in EAW subs (thats like sayin "I made a mercedes benz"). All EAW designs are proprietary and cannot be changed or else it would not be EAW anymore, it will be something a guy tried and sounded good.

2) An original EAW SB850 sub use to contain two RCF L18P300 18" drivers. If u look at the specs on the RCF website it will tell you that the driver is 1000watts. This meant that each EAW SB850 had the potential to put out 2000watts (IF U HAD ENOUGH POWER). Nothing new by Lalo.

3) The design of an enclosure doesnt determine its power output, it is a combination of factors, mainly amplifier output. So basically a new design with the same drivers will not give more power. If ur talking DB level, thats different.

4) The thing that 'slams' you in front a box is not power bro. It is the decibel level. This is dynamic and its level cannot determined by ear.

All in all I still think Lalo will always be a legend in Trinidad for his contribution to the Sound System Industry. Lalo did not earn his name by making boxes, he did it by contributing to the industries needs (doing lots of gigs), always had cutting edge equipment, and knew some of the technicalities of sound system engineering.

In Trinidad, Sound System is all about money, cause equipment so expensive here. If u have plenty to spend, u can buy the best and sound great, as long as you have an ear for music and a little technical knowledge. I personally know alot of good sound guys, its just that they cannot afford good equipment.

'Cheers'
Hello!!!
BMJ Sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMJ Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 12:08am
I don't understand your 'constructive' criticism si50
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 3:31am
^^THAT STATEMENT HAS SO MANY FAULTS. I will only aggree with the Lalo is legend part.
Hello!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>