Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best recommended box for RCF L18 P300

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rengade Project Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 2:09pm
I know that the beckers and metrons are no longer available. Metrons were cerwin-vega's subsidiary company cannot remember who was beckers parent company.
MUSIC SWEET,www.myspace.com/renegadeproject
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by sirck50 sirck50 wrote:

I dont no anyone here with a SL36 SO I HAVE TO DEPEND ON other ppl's experience with both enclosures to tell me what's better.

I'm guessing you are a cab builder, which is good.

On paper well built CVSL36/AB36 should perform better than 186 Horn, and lots of people Worldwide are using Top drivers in CV clones and are very happy. However, the designer of 186 horn says, L18P300 is one of recommended drivers.

I would suggest you build 1x Cerwin Vega SL36 and 1x 186 Horn, maybe out of MDF or Chipboard and try driver in each one, and see which you prefer. (I personally would go for SL36, but its not my money).

There are plans for the CV SL36 around this site somewhere. Strongly recommended you use metal front plate, so it heat sinks speaker chamber like CV Afterburner AB36.

Whatever you do, * DONT * build the Junior versions of the Vega bins.

EDIT: Found these.

AB36

http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13805&KW=ab36&PN=8

Originally posted by Three-Bee Three-Bee wrote:

Actually I don't really know. As I said, its drawn of the dodgy gif on their site. There is a panel that you see in this plan thats there so I take it that the woofer plays through a oval-ish hole, because it ends up dead center when you model the woofer between that panel and the brace. This is the 'revised' drawing.... So, I'm guessing its about correct. Best will be is to find 1 and look for yourself.

img144/962/ab36throg4.jpg

This is how I think it should look from above

img89/4074/thrxn3.jpg

Edited by levyte357 - 21 February 2008 at 3:49pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 3:12pm
Cool. Thanx for the info. As usual, u guys are great help man. CV SL36 Plans anyone? Goin to do a search now......
Hello!!!
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 3:32pm
id still vote for the wsx personaly,
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by sirck50 sirck50 wrote:

Cool. Thanx for the info. As usual, u guys are great help man. CV SL36 Plans anyone? Goin to do a search now......

The CV AB36 is improved SL36 plan. Just that AB36 has metal front plate to lower compression by heat sinking... I think....

SL36 plan

Originally posted by Markk James Markk James wrote:

id still vote for the wsx personaly,

Yes but without V18-1000, its not really worth the hassle I think.

Edited by levyte357 - 21 February 2008 at 5:45pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 8:34pm
fair enough, hopefuly we will find out soon, they aparently sound nice with the 18p300 in them , not sure how loud theyd get though!
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
tears View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 10:08pm
sirck 50 i am in trinidad and i have 2 186 that you can try. pm me

I will not quit
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 4:29am
chek pm bro
Hello!!!
BMJ Sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMJ Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 6:13pm
Be informed that Lalo made his own designs in the eaw subs to suit 1000 watts rms drivers so when you stood in front of 1 sb850 you was getting slammed with 2000 watts rms of rock solid bass...cheers but then again LALO was and always be a legend in trini.
Cracking the atmosphere with bass
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 3:31am
^^THAT STATEMENT HAS SO MANY FAULTS. I will only aggree with the Lalo is legend part.
Hello!!!
BMJ Sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMJ Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 12:08am
I don't understand your 'constructive' criticism si50
Cracking the atmosphere with bass
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by BMJ Sound BMJ Sound wrote:

Be informed that Lalo made his own designs in the eaw subs to suit 1000 watts rms drivers so when you stood in front of 1 sb850 you was getting slammed with 2000 watts rms of rock solid bass...cheers but then again LALO was and always be a legend in trini.
Ok, well lets analyse the statement then.

1) Lalo did not 'design' anything, he just scaled down, and played with the box tuning, all by ear, he did not use box building design/programs for proper analysis, nor did he use the T/S parameters to do what he did. Also, one cannot 'make' design in EAW subs (thats like sayin "I made a mercedes benz"). All EAW designs are proprietary and cannot be changed or else it would not be EAW anymore, it will be something a guy tried and sounded good.

2) An original EAW SB850 sub use to contain two RCF L18P300 18" drivers. If u look at the specs on the RCF website it will tell you that the driver is 1000watts. This meant that each EAW SB850 had the potential to put out 2000watts (IF U HAD ENOUGH POWER). Nothing new by Lalo.

3) The design of an enclosure doesnt determine its power output, it is a combination of factors, mainly amplifier output. So basically a new design with the same drivers will not give more power. If ur talking DB level, thats different.

4) The thing that 'slams' you in front a box is not power bro. It is the decibel level. This is dynamic and its level cannot determined by ear.

All in all I still think Lalo will always be a legend in Trinidad for his contribution to the Sound System Industry. Lalo did not earn his name by making boxes, he did it by contributing to the industries needs (doing lots of gigs), always had cutting edge equipment, and knew some of the technicalities of sound system engineering.

In Trinidad, Sound System is all about money, cause equipment so expensive here. If u have plenty to spend, u can buy the best and sound great, as long as you have an ear for music and a little technical knowledge. I personally know alot of good sound guys, its just that they cannot afford good equipment.

'Cheers'
Hello!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>