Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SMT 212 Build Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drimacoustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2010 at 1:56pm
How do you reckon 112 version would perform?
love begins below 40Hz
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2010 at 2:15pm

i have 2 of them and yes they are quite heavy boxes, did you notice any change in waveguide performance now that you have added handles? (cause i plan to put handles as well)

http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2010 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Drimacoustic Drimacoustic wrote:

How do you reckon 112 version would perform?

Nice! just build and tested 4 single version, lovely cabs at all. No tops on it but mids are really flat and smooth.
Bully Audio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bully Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2010 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Static Age Static Age wrote:

Link to the EV-DH1 specs: I did want to add this to my post above but since the editing posts option has been disabled I'll post it here

Static , try swapping out the EV DHA1 with Selenium D3305Ti-DPD 2" Titanium Horn http://www.parts-express.com/pdf/264-226.pdf , I have a pair of EV HP940 horns with the DHA1 Comps and swapped them out with the Seleniums , clear, clean and powerful and a lot lighter than the EV DHA 1s . Those JBL horns are similar to the EV HP 940s only difference I can see is the EVs have a wave guide built in the exit throat . http://archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Speakers/HP%20Series%20Horns/HP940_Horn_EDS.pdf
"Bass frequencies must be allowed to enter through your toes first, never through your ears. This will boost your chakra from below and elevate you mentally."
Preacher View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2010 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by bitzo bitzo wrote:

Nice! just build and tested 4 single version, lovely cabs at all. No tops on it but mids are really flat and smooth.

Pictures please Wink.

How did you go about working out dimensions, did you just 'cut' the plan at the half way point? I like the idea of having the four separate 12s, useful when setting up in low ceiling venues if you have a kick bin between sub and 12s. 
Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2010 at 8:25pm
I simmed one smt212, than I simmed 2 singles version. Instead of 2 triangle port I cut 2 quarter circle with the same tuning.
Sorry I don't have pic of only the mid just full stack..however here's

Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2010 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Bully Audio Bully Audio wrote:

[QUOTE=Static Age]Link to the EV-DH1 specs: I did want to add this to my post above but since the editing posts option has been disabled I'll post it here

Static , try swapping out the EV DHA1 with Selenium D3305Ti-DPD 2" Titanium Horn http://www.parts-express.com/pdf/264-226.pdf , I have a pair of EV HP940 horns with the DHA1 Comps and swapped them out with the Seleniums , clear, clean and powerful and a lot lighter than the EV DHA 1s . Those JBL horns are similar to the EV HP 940s only difference I can see is the EVs have a wave guide built in the exit throat . http://archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Speakers/HP%20Series%20Horns/HP940_Horn_EDS.pdf[/QUOTE]

I sold these a month ago, but thanks for the advice.
woodowl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2010 at 6:54pm
How is the throw of the sound compared to a MT212 or even a reflex?
If this works out fine, i'm building some SMT112's myself.
Thanks!

courtesy to the original plans from Mr. Ercegovic

Edited by woodowl - 20 February 2010 at 7:04pm
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2010 at 4:14am
"Those JBL horns are similar to the EV HP 940s only difference I can see is the EVs have a wave guide built in the exit throat"

The EV HP940 is quite a bit wider than the JBL 2380, but it does sound better that the JBL.

The EV HP640 sounds quite a bit better than either, but is even wider.
djk
JDCutta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDCutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 3:36am
Has anyone got any responce plots that they could kindly post up for either the 212 or 112 version? 

Also what would be the best budget drivers for these (UK)?

Thanks in advance
total motion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote total motion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 8:34pm
any links to plans for the smt212??
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by total motion total motion wrote:

any links to plans for the smt212??

c'mon, google that
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>