Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cerwin vega afterburners

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2009 at 2:06pm
I'm good, stinking hot here, suppose the same where you are

yes done, will be using 1 on the 7th at our boxing tournament, they wanted a mic over the ring to get the boxers oofs and blows picked up by the mic above.....what i didn't tell them was, I'm bringing 2 x 18 spheres, and 1 x Demo1, can't wait to se their faces

I'll take some pictures of the event set up, the llast one they had, they had 2 plastic fullrange cabs on poles, I said they have to make an impression, so Las Vegas stylee mykey is at the controls hehe

"That would be a scary cab I would say"

it makes me smile every time I play it

cheers

Xmax extreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2009 at 5:02am
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

I'm good, stinking hot here, suppose the same where you are

yes done, will be using 1 on the 7th at our boxing tournament, they wanted a mic over the ring to get the boxers oofs and blows picked up by the mic above.....what i didn't tell them was, I'm bringing 2 x 18 spheres, and 1 x Demo1, can't wait to se their faces

I'll take some pictures of the event set up, the llast one they had, they had 2 plastic fullrange cabs on poles, I said they have to make an impression, so Las Vegas stylee mykey is at the controls hehe

"That would be a scary cab I would say"

it makes me smile every time I play it

cheers

Oh yeah stinking hot here also.....
Great to hear that,,,,that would be exciting...
please keep us updated with your upcoming event....Las Vegas stylee set -up Thumbs Up

Regards

Edited by Xmax extreme - 03 February 2009 at 5:02am
Maximum Excursion

Don't criticize your own competition, it looks like a publicity of your own commercial products.
aperrado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aperrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2009 at 5:13am
where do u get plans to make a cv?
Im hard to learn but still asking

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 2:16am
[QUOTE=aperrado]where do u get plans to make a cv?[/QUOTE

kindly refer to this thread mate....Smile some free plans to start with...

http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13805

Kind regards...
Maximum Excursion

Don't criticize your own competition, it looks like a publicity of your own commercial products.
heinrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heinrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 2:33am
Unhappy yeah pretty hot at daytime but it s#cks at night.............very cold still.......Pinch
.....power is nothing without control....
aperrado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aperrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 5:39am
ty,, I got it xmas xtreme
Im hard to learn but still asking

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 5:40am
Originally posted by aperrado aperrado wrote:

ty,, I got it xmas xtreme

cheers mate..happy building...Smile
Maximum Excursion

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 7:31am
Originally posted by heinrich heinrich wrote:

Unhappy yeah pretty hot at daytime but it s#cks at night.............very cold still.......Pinch
so where are you then?Confused
heinrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heinrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 8:41am
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

Originally posted by heinrich heinrich wrote:

so where are you then?Confused

the far east.......just a few hours from Xmax with a fast craft........Wink

the Philippines  actually.....hehehe

siberian breeze isn't done yet maybe.....lol

Edited by heinrich - 05 February 2009 at 8:44am
.....power is nothing without control....
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 5:36am

Edit: seemed to have posted the first part of the below post twice..

Edited by jethrocker - 20 April 2009 at 6:14am
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 6:12am
Found it! Took some searching up... I did actually build my modded CV style bin, but went a long stretch without web access so hadn't reported back. Don't know how many of the original collaborators are still about and/or interested, but here's some pics..

Did the flare section with a preformed curved panel in the end, layered sandwich of 3mm ply outers and 3mm mdf inners to 18mm thickness.. the supports of which brace up the chamber nicely.

Sanded and ready to paint... finishing is no fun in a 40 degree plus workshop :(

One of two stacks of four in use... not my system, the owner ignored my advice and stuck them up on platforms. RCF 18LP300 loaded.

The owner of the above system is in the process of replacing old battered local CV copies.  Happy to say mine seem to play just as low, despite reduced internal width (to 516mm, offset a bit by slightly larger mouth) and hit a hell of a lot harder.
Unfortunately the 4 packs of these I've heard were run off poor quality amps getting at best 500 watts each, but they make a fair noise and are obviously not at their limit. Sound with RCF 18LP300 is (obviously) not the deepest bin, but I'd say 40Hz is there enough to count, nice detailed sound, and kicks nicely if crossed a bit higher. 
Other than that the first pair in mdf were loaded with Selenium wpu1807 which sounded rounder and deeper than the RCF, but not as kicky.

edit:found some more pics of the first mdf pair.

Edited by jethrocker - 20 April 2009 at 7:01am
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 8:14am
fantastic build.  really nice job 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>