Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Selenium HB1205A3 - Build pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selenium HB1205A3 - Build pics
    Posted: 31 March 2008 at 7:45pm
Hello. I've built HB1205A3 from the selenium plans. The HF-part is removed, I will make a separate box for that.
The box was a little tricky, but still very fun to build.

Will post some more pics when they're coated.
mylesound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 7:49pm
Wow Very nice build
what are you planning to load them with?
Xover points?
boycey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boycey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 7:55pm
nice, look bloody solid [and heavy!] Smile
the only thing more dangerous than a person who doesn't give a f**k is a person who gives a sh*t.
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 8:01pm
ye they do look realy solid, +1 on the cross over points?
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS
mange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 8:14pm
Will be loaded with P. audio SN12B. Probably to be crossed over at ~200 Hz or do you think they can go lower?

edit forgot to mention the upper xover point which is ~1,5kHz

Edited by mange - 31 March 2008 at 8:57pm
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 11:03am
Nice!
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
mange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 5:50pm
Bumping this thread to add a picture of the painted rig.

Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 6:41pm
looking good, what are you planning to use between the mids & the scoops?
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Static Age Static Age wrote:

looking good, what are you planning to use between the mids & the scoops?

Even nicer finished. Some people play mids just like that directly above 4' scoops! I still can't understand it.

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
mange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 10:07am
Will indeed start by using them directly above the scoops. We'll see how it sounds and if it doesn't work I'll add something between. I wan't to get going as soon as possible, but I don't wan't to rush things either..

Getting a full proper sound system is kind of a long term project for me, since I'm a student and probably will be for the next four years too. So I'm trying to put this system together in a way that will allow for building out by adding a few boxes at a time.
super-hero View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super-hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 10:18am
Very nice Thumbs%20Up

If you are running a reggae system you may be fine using them above the scoops. Depends on how high you can cross your scoops and how low your mids can go.
I found that reggae in gereral needs lots of bass, mids and highs, but you can get away without having huge amounts of kick.
I'm not an animal, I'm a human being.
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 12:04pm
i wasnt implying that it wouldnt work, i just saw that the original poster said that the selenium mid runs from 200hz up. i was wondering if he would play the scoops upto 200hz or if he would leave a gap in the sound. its always been my understanding that reggae sound men dont like to play scoops any higher than 90hz max.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>