Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bolting in Drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 2:45pm
Are Beyma selling them to you?
Get me 4 sheets of them teks?
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

Are Beyma selling them to you?

Nah. I tried asking Beyma.com by e-mail & they said I'd need to buy the whole recone kit, so not sure if they really understood me. 
They pointed me in the direction of Adam Hall.
If I manage to sort anything out I'll let you know.

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 3:02pm
regarding bolts & T nuts ect, i use this company http://www.orbitalfasteners.co.uk/ fast delivery, good choice & good prices.
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Static Age Static Age wrote:

regarding bolts & T nuts ect, i use this company http://www.orbitalfasteners.co.uk/ fast delivery, good choice & good prices.

Thanks just what i need;

Edited by tweeter box - 10 April 2008 at 3:11pm
xlogic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 3:22pm
http://www.stagonset.co.uk/fasteners

These do them 8mm up to 100mm length

40mm ones are 20pence each

just noticed the above link is cheaper, but still i'll leave the link for reference :)
Singh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 3:37pm
Orbital Fasteners looks good too, though all the t nuts look like the Tek advises against, he said go for the dull looking ones, not ones with a shine.

Anyone advise further on the quality of these ones, only reason I ask is that I dont want to have to remove a broken t-nut from the cab!
it's a work in progress thing... bass the final frontier.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Singh Singh wrote:

I dont want to have to remove a broken t-nut from the cab!

Now that ain't no easy job, but worse I got a M8 T-nut cross threaded with a thick bolt & it's still stuck after a few months & have no idea when I'll be tackling removing it! May need to use an angle grinder!

**Heavy Weight-Line**
Singh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 3:59pm
How thick is the bolt?  is it screwed in all the way, as in is the head flush with the wood? 

If not, guess you could hacksaw the head end off, and then hammer the rest through to the back which might also take the t-nut out with it.
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 4:11pm
I've had that before with an m6 cross threaded, when i tryed to undo it the four "legs" on the t nut broke and started spinning round, so i put some molegrips on the broken t nut and un-did it, its wasnt too difficult.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Singh Singh wrote:

How thick is the bolt?  is it screwed in all the way, as in is the head flush with the wood? 

8mm bolt - screwed in all the way.

Originally posted by Jake_Fielder Jake_Fielder wrote:

I've had that before with an m6 cross threaded, when i tryed to undo it the four "legs" on the t nut broke and started spinning round, so i put some molegrips on the broken t nut and un-did it, its wasnt too difficult.

Similar to my problem - the 4 prongs have cut it's own new circle in the wood. Tried the molegrips but no joy yet.

**Heavy Weight-Line**
Singh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 4:17pm
Are t nuts essential for all screws holding something into an MDF cab?  For example to hold the handles, speakons, top hats etc?
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Originally posted by Jake_Fielder Jake_Fielder wrote:

Similar to my problem - the 4 prongs have cut it's own new circle in the wood. Tried the molegrips but no joy yet.

Yea, mine wasnt 8mil so it would have been eaisier than yours. its a complete pain! what cab is it in?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>