Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citronic cl12d

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lukey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citronic cl12d
    Posted: 04 May 2008 at 10:30pm
Hi guys

My name is luke and i am new to the disco world. My dad Gave me a set of decks Citronic cl12d and they worked fine. However, a while back one of the channels stopped working. I sent it to the shop and he gave them a service and ended up costing me 70 quid!!

I have only done one disco ( a social get together) and know it has stopped again.

Both leads are fine and both speakers are too. I really would lik to sort it out myself as i dont make money out of it, i do it for freinds and pleasure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Luke
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 10:38pm
Is it just the one deck that has the problem or both?
100% Earth Moving Bass
Lukey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lukey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 10:45pm
Theres a speaker channel both sides and one is not working. Both decks work out of one channel. if i put a splitter in the channel thats working both speakers work

Thanks very much GAZ
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 10:48pm
Luke, if it's the same problem that you've already had fixed, take it back to the shop that did the repair because it should be down to them concidering how much they've charged you to repair it in the first place, which by the way is well over the top!
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 10:56pm
Do you use your splitter on the input connections to your amplifier or on the speaker outputs to make both speakers work? Also What amplifier and mixer are you using?
100% Earth Moving Bass
Lukey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lukey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 11:01pm
HI i put the splitter in the speaker out put.

The Amplifier and mixer are built into the decks themselves. all i can say is that it says powered stereo popular

thans for all the help

luke
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 11:09pm
Haha, you have a piece of history there!!! A Citronic Stereo Popular, twin Garrard SP25's???

It is 99.9% certain you have an amp problem. These had 2 x 110watt Citronic modules in them, no protection circuit. By running the (hopefully) 2 x 8 ohm speakers from one side you are getting away with it. These amps SHOULD be very easy to fix. To check if it is the amp, not the mixer borrow a slave amp and run it from the slave out on the front of the mixer (1/4" Stero Jack). If all is well it's one of the Amps. As you are in London, go to Abracadabra in Whitton, round the back is a wizard engineer called John who has fixed more of these than he will admit to remembering. PM me and I'll give you his no.
It's everything, not everythink!
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 11:09pm
Ok I know the sort of thing you mean. Sounds like it might be a problem with the internal amplifier, So yes take it back to the repair shop. Did the shop tell you what was done last time?
100% Earth Moving Bass
Lukey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lukey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 6:21pm
thanks guys will do

i will let you know how i get on

cheers luke
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 6:51pm
Luke,i have had loads of these old Citronic consoles...and generally they are very reliable...the problem may just be something simple like the internal jumper leads that run from the mixer module to the amp...do a quick test..can u hear both channels (left and right) working in the headphones?
Be seeing you.
djsorry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djsorry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 10:09pm
Hi jbl_man,

I've just purchased one of these and it's an absolute beauty - I'm actually going to sell me Technic 1210s (once I get it working).

I've got the same problem as Luke - the LH deck is perfect and RH deck is ok but quieter and poor on the left channel. It all works fine through the headphones - what do you reckon I need to fix and is this something that I can do myself or need to get a pro to look at?

Cheers in advance,

James
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 11:46pm
Hi James,well first thing to try is swap the cartridge/headshells over,to see if that helps,but if u say its fine through the headphones,then it might be a mixer problem....is your citronic a powered one? (with internal amps) or is is unpowered?
The powered ones were badged as Avon ,the unpowered was a Hawaii.both look identical,apart from the amp vents next to the turntables.
Here is a couple of mine...

This is an Avon,with the built-in amps...note the vent grills next to the turntables.

The Hawaii without amps.
Be seeing you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>