Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Froggy and the Soulweekenders.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Froggy and the Soulweekenders.
    Posted: 03 May 2021 at 6:50pm
Nine sets over the weekend! Blimey!
blah blah blah blah blah......
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 11:34am
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 10:22pm
I was just re-reading through this thread and it's such a shame that a lot of the photo's have been lost
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
johnnysh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnysh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 11:24am
Hey Guys

I still own my mint hardly used MATAMP SUPER NOVA, was gonna sell it not sure now ??

Just sorting through load of old vinyl that's been stored for years and found a funny from froggy
he has added his own spin on Up Town Top Rankin lol SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Guess this ia a rare signed copy I own.....

Edited by johnnysh - 10 May 2020 at 11:49am
Aman Gebru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aman Gebru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 10:08am
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 8:06am
the console before that one (fitted with car speakers as monitors) looks like matamp but with less channels...
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2017 at 5:49pm
Be seeing you.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2017 at 8:02pm
Not sure, all the Summits i have seen seen are 24 inches wide? Most were built to order, so is possible some different sized ones may have been produced?
Be seeing you.
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2017 at 7:40pm
so was the summit mixer available in different sizes? 
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2017 at 3:27pm
The earlier ones would have been a Matamp Summit mixer,this was a mono unit,the later consoles had the Matamp Supernova. (stereo)

Be seeing you.
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2017 at 1:00pm
what mixer was in the original orange/matamp console?
The Funk Surgeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Funk Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2016 at 5:30pm
I was there when Froggy was at his best! Been retired from the music business many years now and only after 'bumping' into Dr.Bob Jones (The jazzy jock from Chelmsford!!) On an aeroplane flying back from France did i get back that 'music frenzy' one feels when chatting about the good old days!!
I checked out a few web sites and to my horror found that Froggy had been passed some eight years without me knowing.
Absolutely devasted and saddened to hear this sad story,but on a high note going back to his 'stunning sound' I met him at a gig in 1985, Woodville halls, Gravesend,Kent,we got chatting early on in the eve about his sound,his words to me were "I'm looking for a safe sound" we were standing at the rear of the hall with the system at full throttle,around 7-8K of pure,clear sound,awesome!! It was safe alright and ahead of it's time!
I've heard 'wall of sound' mentioned,maybe but i feel this 'safe sound' he was talking about was exactly that, safe not to deafen and damage your ears,safe and ultra clear sound,he certainly achieved that, an absolute genius in electronics and music,a total legend, R.I.P.  PM.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>