Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Froggy and the Soulweekenders.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 30>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 7:46pm
A brilliant 3 hour session from Froggy,live at Oscars,Newbury park,Ilford,recorded on 1st January 1982.

Something to play and listen to while you go and build some speakers.

http://www.mixcloud.com/andybella/froggy-live-at-oscars-1st-january-1982/
Be seeing you.
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 8:18pm
When I used to do the exhibitions, big or small, I used a Revox B77 as the source. and somewhere I still have a Reel of stuff Froggy mixed for me. Purely one off stuff. I will try and find it.
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

A brilliant 3 hour session from Froggy,live at Oscars,Newbury park,Ilford,recorded on 1st January 1982.

Something to play and listen to while you go and build some speakers.

http://www.mixcloud.com/andybella/froggy-live-at-oscars-1st-january-1982/

no download?
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2013 at 1:39am
Works fine 'ere Woody.
Billy Dawg.
oldskool View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2013 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by TONY.A.S.S. TONY.A.S.S. wrote:

When I used to do the exhibitions, big or small, I used a Revox B77 as the source. and somewhere I still have a Reel of stuff Froggy mixed for me. Purely one off stuff. I will try and find it.
Tony, I have two Quarter track B77s and a half track Studer if you need playback gear.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2013 at 6:14pm
Don't need any of that, I've converted everything to my Iphone. Only joking of course.
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 11:06am
Originally posted by TONY.A.S.S. TONY.A.S.S. wrote:

Don't need any of that, I've converted everything to my Iphone.
Explain how you attach 10inch reels on to an Iphone - I've seen it on a Nagra but never an Iphone.
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 6:49pm
Jazzy, you've got me thinking now, I have just visualized a large wooden model of the Iphone large enough to take 10" reels. could be a good project once I run out of work. We made giant HTC phones out of Fibreglass and vinyled them up so anything is possible.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 7:37pm
Actually,you could build an ASS flightcase for an Iphone Tony....would make a pretty cool accessory.
Be seeing you.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 8:17pm
I can just see it now with 4-100mm castors.
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2013 at 2:40pm
Why didn't I see this before???. 

Christ it brings back some memories. In 1979 I was at school just up the road from the Caister Soul Weekender's at Scratby, we lived in Lowestoft.

I was a Mod in those days and only 15 to boot. What a great time it used to be. All the memories of being in Yarmouth. Anyone used to go to Tiffany's on the sea front? I remember it was a great place to go until one owner fell out of a window and died. After that it was rubbish. Never went back. 

After reading this whole thread I realise I missed out on something very special, being a Soul boy (smoothy as we called them at the time) must have been all about the music, being a mod was all about the image and scooters with some music too.

Great to read about it only sorry not to have been a part of it too.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2013 at 6:08pm
You must  have a second time around Mod. I was riding my Lambretta around South London in the sixties. This would have been '63-'64.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 30>