Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best DIY Scoop ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Static Age Static Age wrote:

the only thing that i dont like about the Eminence 18" scoop is the width, very close to not fitting through some doorways.

having heard them the eminence scoop really did impress me, at the shootout it was my favorite it just seemed to have a warmer and less vicious sound.
(larger chamber seemed to reduce the 1850 growl in exchange for a rounder sub)

the jbl or cow would by my recommendations for all round hard hitting high spl @ 40Hz for steppers and the like.
eminence if you like being impractical (they must be a good 10% larger in volume than the others)

i have not mentioned the HOG, im not sure if its really right for reggae, it has a completely different tone to a traditional scoop.

You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
fuzzylogic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzzylogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 9:40pm
Lookin good Francis,I've gone for the conventional round grill with deep end (DE) logo in orange..will try and find a pic.This weekend I'm on another painting mish to do the last four.

NEIGHBOURHOOD SOUNDSYSTEM
Infinitely baffled.

Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2010 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by fuzzylogic fuzzylogic wrote:

Lookin good Francis,I've gone for the conventional round grill with deep end (DE) logo in orange..will try and find a pic.This weekend I'm on another painting mish to do the last four.

I think these cover the units good and one can have a nice size logo on them too. True great work from my Main man Mr T , of who´s name I with hold cause he doesn´t have time , I don´t have time to build cabs no more , too much work in renovations/building construction projects.
Anyways lookin to be running 8hog 4ES218 with 4 Xtros on top, something kind of like this

will keep you posted
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Hi_Varu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hi_Varu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2010 at 12:58pm
V-plating !
Note: Never try to reproduce
non-musical sounds like artillery explosions or gunfire with DBX subharmonic synthesizer 120A
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2010 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Hi_Varu Hi_Varu wrote:

V-plating !

yes boss with 4 hogs and 2x es218 and 2Xtros perside Big smile
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Studio Express View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Studio Express Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2010 at 7:45am
 [/QUOTE]

i have not mentioned the HOG, im not sure if its really right for reggae, it has a completely different tone to a traditional scoop.

[/QUOTE]

can anyone else confirm this?
hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2010 at 9:13am
so is a hog good for dub and dnb? and with what driver? are there any 15" options of the hog?

cheers
Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.
JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2010 at 11:02am
I was very impressed from sound comming out of the JBL scoop design, loaded with 15" celestion drivers.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2010 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Studio Express Studio Express wrote:

[/QUOTE]

can anyone else confirm this?
[/QUOTE]

It´s more musical TongueTongue
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2010 at 12:06pm
more musical than the Rhino !
Sticks n Stones
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2010 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by CHAMPION CHAMPION wrote:

more musical than the Rhino !

I wouldn´t say haven´t heard them yet, started some chipboard ones never got to finish them.
would like to try 4 in 25mm MDF sell them for install if they are good and then make 8 in ply,
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2010 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by sKs01 sKs01 wrote:

having heard them the eminence scoop really did impress me, at the shootout it was my favorite it just seemed to have a warmer and less vicious sound.
(larger chamber seemed to reduce the 1850 growl in exchange for a rounder sub)

Thumbs Up Most definately!

Which a few of us have been saying for years.

Originally posted by sKs01 sKs01 wrote:

Maybe depends on who builds them!

Have heard a couple & they've both sounded completely different to each other.

Would like to hear the v18-1200 loaded ones!

Edited by Tekasis - 10 January 2010 at 12:43pm
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>