Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My SMT212 CP755TI / SN12B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My SMT212 CP755TI / SN12B
    Posted: 01 July 2008 at 12:39pm
Hi guys
finally finished my SMT212's and im well happy with them, its realy worth spending the time and money getting it just right.

i had a few problems finding the quality ply i was after (11 lam 15mm baltic birch) and getting the SN12Bs but other than that it went very well inddeed.

this build was the first time i had used a propper table saw with an adjustable gate and it made it so easy, in fact when putting them together i didn't have to hand plain anything at all and  the joints met perfect, Thumbs%20Up so a good table saw goes a long way i think.

right time for some pics:

And the finished product:

Big%20smile
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS
Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 12:50pm
very very nice 
(SoundcreationaudiO) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (SoundcreationaudiO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 12:55pm
crackin build Elwyn mate, really nice finish. turbo blue aldcroft?  

The cabs to be Bi-amped, or you wacking a crossover in them?

Edited by (SoundcreationaudiO) - 01 July 2008 at 1:06pm
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by (SoundcreationaudiO) (SoundcreationaudiO) wrote:

crackin build Elwin mate, really nice finish. turbo blue aldcroft?  

The cabs to be Bi-amped, or you wacking a crossover in them?

cheers guys, ye its turbo blue aldcroft, as many coats as mentally passableLOL

there bi-amped running the SN12B's 130- 1.7kz on Matrix STR1500
and Beyma CP755TI 1.7kz - 20kz on chameleon 1100s  and see how that sounds

when doing  some tests the other day i did an A / B comparison to one loaded with Eminence Beta's and the difference was incredible the p.audio's just blew them out the water and kicked like a mule,

Good plans these, ill report more after a festival that im doing a stage at this weekend coming.

p.s. cheers Mark James for getting the drivers to me so quick...
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 1:33pm
awesome glad your happy with them!!!
Nice build too, looking good!
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by login4 login4 wrote:

there bi-amped running the SN12B's 130- 1.7kz on Matrix STR1500
and Beyma CP755TI 1.7kz - 20kz on chameleon 1100s  and see how that sounds

when doing  some tests the other day i did an A / B comparison to one loaded with Eminence Beta's and the difference was incredible the p.audio's just blew them out the water and kicked like a mule

Info sounds good - They look impressive btw!

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 1:42pm
I don;t really understand why people with clearly excellent woodworking skills would build such a basic cab.

As far as I can tell cabs like these are great if you are short of time or have basic woodworking knowledge but if these don't apply a proper exponential or tractrix horn would be better.
me so horny, me love you long throw.
Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 1:50pm
what was the total price of your drivers per cab?

u had a proper listen to them yet?
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by biotec biotec wrote:

I don;t really understand why people with clearly excellent woodworking skills would build such a basic cab.

As far as I can tell cabs like these are great if you are short of time or have basic woodworking knowledge but if these don't apply a proper exponential or tractrix horn would be better.

i can see your point but for me i wanted medium throw because i do both indoor and outdoor gigs and iv found with full horn loading it can be a bit to directional and unless your using lots of mid tops you cant get the coverage.

also the way i look at it iv got the dirvers needed now so in the future i can build something else if needed, the other thing with full horns is they mostly only cover smaller band widths.

TIFF,  I reckon the total cost was around    £1000

iv had a good play with them in my workshop and they sound very good so far, ill let all know after this weekend coming (live bands all weekend at a festival, 60' x 60' square)

Edited by login4 - 01 July 2008 at 3:15pm
tomschute View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomschute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 3:31pm
I have to say i thought these were a basic cab but once you hear them in action you would be very impressed. They look sooo good too - think it's the turbo blue.

Great job EL, we'll give em a good blast this week... Big%20smile
Out to lunch... stableaudio@hotmail.co.uk
www.stableaudio.co.uk
Speaker Building Services
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 3:42pm
lovely build. they look great.
Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 5:57pm
£1000 per cab????? surely u mean the pair?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>