Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 x 8" + 1" mid-hi speaker plans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 x 8" + 1" mid-hi speaker plans
    Posted: 08 August 2008 at 3:44am
hello!
sorry my english, i´m from Argentina
thanks for provide a place to interchange speaker information!
I would like to make mid-hi spèaker with two 8" speakers, and a driver ( i  have a pair of 22xt peaveys 1" drivers, that a i would like to use in them).
the idea is to use two of them with a subwofer, and a crosover, for small dj parties.
thanks
Iván

Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 4:32am
In the newbie area, there's a sticky on using winisd.

Use winisd to calculate the colume and size of ports for a trapezoid reflex box. It's free to DL.

Make sure that the front baffle can fit ports, speakers, and CD horn (you may port to the rear if that is your choice).

Draw up plans with 15mm ply.

Then we'll get onto the crossover etc.
Away on extended leave.
ivanDJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 3:37pm
thank you for the fastest response!
i don´t have to much information about the speakers, to build a cab from winisd, so i stuck now... & i´m new in use this software... jaja
what generic data i have to put in the soft to generate a generic box?
thanks
Iván

Matute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 6:44pm
buenas... tenés que cargar los parámetros TS del parlante para poder calcular un volumen y sintonización de caja acordes... qué parlantes tenés pensado usar? para un 2x8+1 podrías hacer dos secciones de 8¨ del xtro y poner una bocina de 1¨ en el medio o sobre las dos de 8¨... se entiende?

hi... you have to input the speaker TS data, then you calculate the boxes volume and tuning... which speakers will you be using? you could build two xtro 8¨ sections and then put the 1¨ horn in between them, or above... is that clear?

saludos,

cheers,

Matías
"Hmm... difficult to see... always in motion is the future..."
ivanDJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2008 at 2:27am

Gracias Matias!

Esta claro, solo que pense en el proceso inverso en el tema del diseño de las cajas, de que alguien las haya hecho y de ahi ver de conseguir los parlantes que utilizo. Que parlantes que se consigan en nuestro mercado vos pensas que mejor se adaptarian al uso que pienso darle a estas cajitas? (pensando en utilizar los drivers que tengo Peavey 22xt...)

Thank you, Matías!
I was think to make the reverse process, get the cabs (if someone work in a proyect like this) and then go to buy the speakers that belongs to that cabs. Which speakers that we can buy in our marquet do you recomend, for the use that i want to give to this cabs? (remenmer that i have the drivers Peavey 22xt to put in......)

Iván
Matute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2008 at 6:00am
todo depende de cuanto quieras invertir... B&C 8PE21 y 18Sound 8M400 es de lo mejor que hay en el mercado, y por suerte acá se consiguen... alrededor de $600 c/u... bajate los planos del xtro, de ahí usá sólo las bocinas de 8" y para el driver podés usar una bocina JBL2370 (paudio hace un buen clon)... tené en cuenta que entre el subwoofer y los de 8" conviene tener algo intermedio, un 2x15" ó un 2x12"... obvio, ésto pensando que vas a usar crossover activo, sino se complica...

saludos,

Matías

it all depends on how much you are willing to spend... B&C 8PE21 and 18Sound 8M400 are of the best of the market, and luckily you can buy them here, at aprox. USD200 each... from the xtro plans use only de 8" horn section, and then you can use something like a JBL2370 horn for the driver (paudio makes a good clone)... also, between the subwoofer and the 8" you should have some intermediate cab, such as a 2x15" or 2x12"... obviuosly, i am assuming you will use an active crossover...

cheers,

Matías

Edited by Matute - 09 August 2008 at 6:04am
"Hmm... difficult to see... always in motion is the future..."
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2008 at 8:13pm
do you really want 2x8"? larger speaker diameters are for the same price, but you get more SPL and more bass from it.
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
Tony Insanity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Insanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2008 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by ivanDJ ivanDJ wrote:

hello!
sorry my english, i´m from Argentina

.......better than coming from BARCELONA! Smile

Edited by Tony Insanity - 09 August 2008 at 9:53pm
.....you might also look for her companion, a large Chinese rabbit, who is easy to spot since he is only standing on his hind feet in the shade of a cinnamon tree...
ivanDJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2008 at 10:42pm
I`m looking for 8" because i have 4 15" (250w) for the sub´s, and i have the drivers 1". then i think to make a system to dj from litle partys, 100 to 150 people. & i like to make a system that is not usual to see.
I think that I could make double 10" +1", that there is plans in this page.
i have no decided yet. but i see speakers 10" 150w that could be the option with the low 15 " 250w. my costs arerestrnged...
i looking speakers and prices here.
Thank you all, i will tell what i gonig to do.
Ivan

Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2008 at 5:14am
With 15" inch reflex subs, I would be tempted to go with 2 x 10 MTM reflex tops, if you look in the X10/12/15 forum, you can see a good example of this made by Tony Wilkes.
Away on extended leave.
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Deadbeat Deadbeat wrote:

With 15" inch reflex subs, I would be tempted to go with 2 x 10 MTM reflex tops, if you look in the X10/12/15 forum, you can see a good example of this made by Tony Wilkes.

I regularly use them with a pair of 1100w reflex 15" subs for EMO live bands. Max. 200 pepes.

I put kick, DI bass, vocals and keys through them and whilst they get some funny looks at the start of the evening no one complains at the end of the night.

Tony

p.s. I also now have a pair of twin 8" that give me the same output but I have to cross them a bit higher at 150hz instead of 120 for the 10"ers. I have used these for a number of Rock/Blues jam nights but I have not had the courage to use them for an EMO night yet.
I think they would be just too much for the bands to take in !! (my f'ing dick is bigger than your speakers mate)

Edited by Tony Wilkes - 19 August 2008 at 2:31pm
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 2:47pm
Forgot I had picture of the 2 x 8" box + Subs. They go about as loud as a good 12" box but I reckon they sound better on Vox etc and they sound awesome with acoustic guitars and mandolins.
 They also make very nice sounding wedding type system and dead easy to handle at about 13 kg ea.

Edited by Tony Wilkes - 19 August 2008 at 2:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>