Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2x18 manifold box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronmaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2x18 manifold box
    Posted: 04 June 2005 at 12:51am

what is the usable frequency of the 2x18manifoldbox .what speakers are recommended to suit these cabs

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 7:20am

Which one?

There's afew manifold boxes out there

My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
ronmaio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronmaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 6:35am
  the 2x18 manifold on the speakerstore site by Niki Van Den Bosch. what others are there down to 30hz
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 2:22pm
In my experience you'll truggle to get a manifold box good to 30hz without it becoming really huge.  EV's were only good to 60hz or so.  My Beyma one starts rolling off at about 70hz but it is very small
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
simo69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simo69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 4:29pm
what do 2x18manifoldbox look like
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 1:39am
Looks like a nice powerfull compact design but i haven't had any experance with them

CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 5:22am
Looks like a EV Deltamax sub.  They work quite well.
w-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 12:12pm
The dml subs work great, IF you have the factory prossesor to run them as they were intended to be used. Ive had alot of experience with deltamax and love the stuff. Having said that, its my belife that these boxes will not preform very well at all without EV specific drivers and prossesors!
Keep conventional cabinets alive!
minaximal View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minaximal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by w-man w-man wrote:

Having said that, its my belife that these boxes will not preform very well at all without EV specific drivers and prossesors!

thats to sort out the shoddy frequency response to make these boxes usable.

dont you just love company/box specific processor settings...
Subs + Barges = :)

www.metaacoustics.com

Pinheiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinheiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 3:15pm

Hi all

"Having said that, its my belife that these boxes will not preform very well at all without EV specific drivers and prossesors!"

dont worry on my case is the Deltamax clones from SSE will work well whiad DAS G45

but you must use some hi pass filter my case 24db oct set at 35hz and low pass 24db/oct 80hz

have fun

yours Vitor

Calitri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calitri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 10:18am
Those manifolds are EV MTL-2, which are also known as DML-models. They have used DL18MTs and EVX-180A/Bs as for drivers. Their frequency range goes from 45-200 Hz (-3dB) and they give a helluva lot of kick! So they're not 30 Hz cabinets, although their impedance graphs show, that the tuning is around 35-37 Hz but a friend of mine measured them and the cone excursion was about the same around 10 Hz region from 30-40 Hz, so 4th order HP from 30-35 Hz is enough. They can be used to about 30 Hz, when you apply around 6-10 dB of boost to around 30-35 Hz.

The idea, that it works only with EV's drivers and setups are totally wrong! The best results people have gotten from those MTL-2s is, when you use RCF L18P300 drivers in them or same kinds of drivers. The EV's drivers are quite lousy if you compare them to others. They have do sound better, if you stack them They will give quite low frequenys (<40 Hz) but you still need some EQing and guite powerful amp to drive them. They are nice cabinets and I'd like to have 4-8 of them too in stacks.

Have a look at the originals, with the EVX-180A drivers:
http://archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Speakers/EDS/MTL-2B%20 EDS.pdf

and here's the DL18MT version:
http://archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Speakers/EDS/MTL-2A%20 EDS.pdf
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 3:58am

you should check out the GAE 2 x 18 cabs loaded with RCF 18p300's

great cab

sorry if some has mentioned these already only i havnt bothered reading the post's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>