Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My BassHorn VS Martin WSX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everdark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2008 at 9:01pm

first i  want to build 3-4 singles of different designs including selenium double 18 horn (divided) and something like hog but 15 inches maximum.

i like how thiis design sounds also but you need at least 16 to make sense

of course it would be hard to outperform wsx which i adore for excellent depth and pressure...

Edited by everdark - 08 October 2008 at 9:02pm
music is the only language I really know
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2008 at 9:07pm
no dont lose the wsx!!! not till youve tried her with the old xtro lol
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
everdark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everdark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2008 at 9:38pm
xtro is also in my plans for autumn
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2008 at 9:44pm
those little bins look interesting what are they 12"....?
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS
TDA-Audio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDA-Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2008 at 10:26pm
ты опять дома собрался пилить такой громоздкий ящик???

p.s. - upper photo - projekt Maks Peshkov and Frends (Jms)....
horns plans http://photofile.ru/users/tda-audio/
everdark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everdark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2008 at 10:45pm
12LW1400 based horn made by moscow guys. i love how they fit my trunk and their pressure))))
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2008 at 3:42am
Originally posted by H... H... wrote:

I would guess with this plan one side of the driver is always gonna tear as the driver isn't loaded evenly
no, the driver is loaded evenly because it's a letter box throat, I'm talking about little volume there is in front of the throat

Look at the problems people have with the punisher, the 'round' opening in front of the driver is too close to the facing pannel, they tear if over pushed

this design is a letter box throat and the volume in front looks even less than the punisher
the pressure would be too much

if you like throwing money away on drivers then bulid it

the graph looks very good, but will the drivers last

back to the drawing board I would say  
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2008 at 4:00am
Originally posted by tommysb tommysb wrote:

Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

the area in red is to small, this needs to be deeper, the blue marking should be a solid piece across the width of the cabinet

SO mykey, are you saying that a throat like this will put too much stress on the driver?

a letter box throat is fine, read above

all though Amano's is a little small (don't ask me , ask his wife), that wasn't my concern, it was the area in front of the throat 

H... View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2008 at 6:52am

Opps sorry Mykey didn't read through the post - yeah ze letterbox would load the cone evenly - But your right on the thoat, it may as well have teeth on it 'cause its gonna EAT drivers!

rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by everdark everdark wrote:

first i  want to build 3-4 singles of different designs including selenium double 18 horn..

i seperated a selenium double 18" horn into a single.  an easy build and good quality sound. i used one in a small pa. high passed it at 45hz and it hit very hard indeed.   i always wanted to build 3 more and see what happened.  with one it would tickle your nostrils at 10 meters outside. 
nineleaves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 11:09am
respect..
i like to see people having a proper crack at designing their own cabs (with afew goals in mind at that) :)

haven't had time to read all of this post to see whats happened since page 1..

tho yes, definitely give dimensions a little consideration.. as you may not find double fire doors everywhere you go; even if the organizers adamant they have them ;) ..also watch out for weight; upto 80kg in one cab is manageable between two people safely ..100kg+ gets f*cking stupid ;) :)
Amano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by TDA-Audio TDA-Audio wrote:

ты опять дома собрался пилить такой громоздкий ящик???

p.s. - upper photo - projekt Maks Peshkov and Frends (Jms)....

нет... есть цех...

Задача - создать уличный Саб, играющий ниже 40 Гц., с давлением не ниже, чем WSX.

Конфигурация Джефа Робинсона,- сомнительна, в своей эффективности, так как ход диффузора, на частотах ниже 35 и 50 Гц. - слишком высок, что значительно сократит список динамиков, подходящих для данного оформления.

Ciare достать, как я понимаю, довольно сложно.

Еще вопрос назрел, как моделировать скуперы в Hornresp!? Понравилась конфигурация by Maks Peshkov and Frends. Tongue

How to model something like SCOOPERs in HORNRESP? exist examples?

Edited by Amano - 11 October 2008 at 10:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>