Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My BassHorn VS Martin WSX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2008 at 1:47am
could be an interesting experiment.. - however watch out on the bulkyness, it could be hard to handle.. espcially considering im sure itll come out well over the 100kg mark.
build them and see of course :)
Hugo Biermann View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2008 at 11:37pm
WSX Has been proving itself for how many years? Not even to mention the 'DIY' old faithful 1850. And the WSX is smaller and more manageable. I would still go for say 6 of them a side if you want proper bass that you can carry out when you are done. Or 8 1850's.
Not being negative, but basshorns are to big for me if they are any bigger than a WSX. You will end up using 4 or more a side and then you will not really have any problems? 1.2 x 1.2 m is a bit too  uncomfertable.
www.aggressiveaudio.co.za
Amano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 11:06am
new one! 3.2 meters...

nineleaves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 11:14am
:) ..some years ago i made a design 'exactly' like that.
will see if i can find pic :)

worked ok, but was quite heavy
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 12:32pm
very nice amano
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
tommysb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommysb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 9:39pm
Sorry if i've missed it, what driver is recommended for that last one?

Tom
Amano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 3:18am

Originally posted by tommysb tommysb wrote:

Sorry if i've missed it, what driver is recommended for that last one?

Tom

RCF LF18N401, but i'm not sure that this driver will work correctly with this compression ratio (2.98) and such long horn... Confused maybe it must be 500sq cm of throat area and 3.1 meters of length.. Ouch

If you help me in it I'll remodel cab... Geek

Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 3:28am
N401 is a nice driver. It is the compression ratio that is the factor that you are worrying about (horn length doesn't matter so much) WRT the cone holding up. I'm sure that it will. I would at this moment suggest playing with the area around the throat regarding front chamber arrangement, etc (maybe include a bigger fc for the lpf effect)

Amano, have you tried modeling this one as an offset horn without a letterbox?

PS

You won the FSP-18SXY competition over at freespeakerplans. Well done!
Away on extended leave.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 4:25am
Nice Amano, I think if you tried shortening S1-S2 to 60cm, instead of 128cm, you would have a better allrounder bin?

you could also cut the size of the box down

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img399/1010sa3.jpg/1/][IMG]http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/1010sa3.jpg/1/w639.png

Edited by mykey - 16 December 2008 at 4:29am
heinrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heinrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 4:41am
Clap....nice one micheal.........

cheers too to amano.......Wink

very nice work their maties.....

Edited by heinrich - 16 December 2008 at 4:43am
.....power is nothing without control....
Amano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 11:00am
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

Nice Amano, I think if you tried shortening S1-S2 to 60cm, instead of 128cm, you would have a better allrounder bin?

you could also cut the size of the box down

Amano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 11:08am
It's shorter than v.1 (it is 3 meters long), throat area is 475 sq cm. Comp/ ratio = 2.57
Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>