Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hog scoops, fantastic subs, but lets face it......
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hog scoops, fantastic subs, but lets face it......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smithers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hog scoops, fantastic subs, but lets face it......
    Posted: 16 October 2008 at 4:51pm
the name sucks.

the rigs been out and about recently, and people have been impressed with the racket it makes for such a small rig (1 guy asked me if it was void but i think thats more because its red)

but when people ask what brand they are, and i reply-
" they are not branded, i made them myself, they are called Hog scoops"

straight away you can tell they are just thinking "WTF is a hog scoop"
great bin, and i know it sounds trivial, but the name doesnt sell itself well.
another thing i notice is people immediately seem less impressed once they realise you built it yourself, people who are into soundsystems always give 'nuff respect' but your everyday raver/punter for some reason thinks that because it not got a badge on the front its somehow inferior.

it shouldnt really matter, but when your gigging on your own and you've got a bunch of chavs spouting total tosh about how eminence drivers are the best out there, and cerwin vega subs are baaaad and i should have got some of those instead.....i just wanna stand up, turn the music off and shout

"listen you f**king chavvy nob jockeys, i spent weeks building this rig with my own fair hand, and these PRECISION DEVICE loaded ES 18 kick bins bins & Hogs will spank your wanky CV bins in every possible way, and they cost 1/3 of the price to make, if your not too retarded to cut your own fingers off.....you clearly know nothing about what your talking about so just sod off and let me get on with my job of providing jump up drum and bass and rambing crap mc's at rediculous volume's you all love so much"

rant over.

anyway, its a shame mykey laid claim to the name "dubsub" for a box which is more or less the same, but never really did anything with it, even the name sounds like it gonna do damage before you've even hear it.

Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 4:55pm

Whack a random badge on - it'll confuse them to no end.

'I didn't know NAD made bass bins this heavy?'
Away on extended leave.
smithers View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 4:57pm
i'd wanna get "powered by the mighty smithers" around the edge
with me doing a fonze type "eyyyyy" pose with my thumbs up in the middle.
djfaceatl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djfaceatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 5:30pm
Well you know what I have told people who ask about my set,
I tell em that they were custom designed and built to spec by designers who have surpassed Cerwin Vega's designers.
All you get is a huh? and wow? they must be expensive then
and you say "More expensive than you would want to know"

Behind me is infinite power.
Before me is endless possibility.
Around me is boundless opportunity.
Why should I fear?
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 8:14pm
the hog scoop is a good name

maybe you should build some more, that way you wouldnt be able to hear them
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
djtecthreat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtecthreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 10:56pm
I don't bother.

Random Guy That thinks he's a DJ/Sound guy:  "that sounds good, what are the speakers"

Response:  "Similar to "Acoustimax, but more like "Supersound5000"  

Random Guy: "Oh ok, i've never heard of them"

Response:  "Only the best rigs in the world are comprised of these speakers!!"

then you walk away and do something else, or put your headphones on and turn an empty channel on the board.
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by smithers smithers wrote:

the name sucks.

the rigs been out and about recently, and people have been impressed with the racket it makes for such a small rig (1 guy asked me if it was void but i think thats more because its red)

but when people ask what brand they are, and i reply-
" they are not branded, i made them myself, they are called Hog scoops"

straight away you can tell they are just thinking "WTF is a hog scoop"
great bin, and i know it sounds trivial, but the name doesnt sell itself well.
another thing i notice is people immediately seem less impressed once they realise you built it yourself, people who are into soundsystems always give 'nuff respect' but your everyday raver/punter for some reason thinks that because it not got a badge on the front its somehow inferior.

it shouldnt really matter, but when your gigging on your own and you've got a bunch of chavs spouting total tosh about how eminence drivers are the best out there, and cerwin vega subs are baaaad and i should have got some of those instead.....i just wanna stand up, turn the music off and shout

"listen you f**king chavvy nob jockeys, i spent weeks building this rig with my own fair hand, and these PRECISION DEVICE loaded ES 18 kick bins bins & Hogs will spank your wanky CV bins in every possible way, and they cost 1/3 of the price to make, if your not too retarded to cut your own fingers off.....you clearly know nothing about what your talking about so just sod off and let me get on with my job of providing jump up drum and bass and rambing crap mc's at rediculous volume's you all love so much"

rant over.

anyway, its a shame mykey laid claim to the name "dubsub" for a box which is more or less the same, but never really did anything with it, even the name sounds like it gonna do damage before you've even hear it.

id say to em;

why dont u bring over 2 of ya speakers and we can do an A/B comparison test, then what you do is put 2 of urs on one channel of ya amp, put 2 of thiers on the other channel, turn the volume up, wait for the thick smoke n start laughing Wink

if any random asks me what scoops i have, my reply is usually soundlab LOL
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 2:42pm

DUBSUB factory builtWink

nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 5:36pm
Hoody sub, they'll like that, innit
It's everything, not everythink!
smithers View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

DUBSUB factory builtWink

i know mykey, i'm not gonna start palming my hogs off as Dubsubs, i'm proud of my work and the designs i've chosen for the new system, for a 5k DIY system with crown amps as old as 12 years, i'd step up against most equivelant 'pro' PA systems and give them a good run for their money, it was just an example of a good name, to go with a good box.
tomschute View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomschute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 8:05pm
if your worrying yourself with such trivialities your obviously have too much time on your hands - go build some more! Big smile
Out to lunch... stableaudio@hotmail.co.uk
www.stableaudio.co.uk
Speaker Building Services
staiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 8:39pm
..Ouuu damnnn

Now.. I am responsible for giving such Pig name to this enclosure.

I am pretty bad on finding some cool names for my boxes.. Those are usually
some not to much creative acronyms Embarrassed .. HOG was first not-acronym box name.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>