Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hog scoops, fantastic subs, but lets face it......
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hog scoops, fantastic subs, but lets face it......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 8:40pm
It's a great name stipe - the problem lies with the punters Wink
Away on extended leave.
staiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 9:08pm
...Yes I know that punters-attitude.
Usually they know all about everything and they are especially experts on
sound systems (because they was on 5 party's) and they know to list few
 names (especially JBL, RCF, MARTIN ) ..everything other are just copies and sh_t :)

...Even if you have copy of some "famous name" box (preferably with some unaproppirate driver - it is only important that it is 18er) ..
it sounds uncomparable superior to "something" one builds himself or something without "big name" .. because evry punter KNOW what is good stuff :) ..and (we all know) that is impossible to build any good cabinet without 38 peoples in R&D department, CNC machines and special NASA computer which every serious company have!! (hope that we all agree on this)

When I come to one of those I usually say that sound system is built by Dr.Oetker company.Tongue .. tryin to look serious as possible.
than some of them (in fact majority) just say something like "Ahhaa I know .. those are greeat" ..

EXTRA TIP:
You can point them to OB myspace to read and learn more about technology involved :)

Edited by staiper - 17 October 2008 at 9:32pm
djtecthreat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtecthreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 3:04am
Staiper, nothing wrong with your boxes or the names, i'm fitting to build HOG's and SMT212's for my systems.

So i'd like to thank you for the designs and sharing them.
smithers View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 8:56am
stapier, its not a poke at you, i also quite like the name, and i know its such a trivial thing to bring up considering the box is such a brilliant design.....but when people are constantly asking what is a hog scoop and why is it called such, its gets a bit tedious......maybe once there are a few more out there and the name gets about things will change!
tommysb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tommysb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 1:50pm
It could be a Dr Oetker Ham and Mushroom Scoop
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 1:56pm
LOL

I think we need a name for the micro-scoop then if this keeps on going?

The Rabid Piglet?
Away on extended leave.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by smithers smithers wrote:

stapier, its not a poke at you, i also quite like the name, and i know its such a trivial thing to bring up considering the box is such a brilliant design.....but when people are constantly asking what is a hog scoop and why is it called such, its gets a bit tedious......maybe once there are a few more out there and the name gets about things will change!
just say the designer got pissed the day he designed it and shagged a pigStern Smile
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by smithers smithers wrote:

stapier, its not a poke at you
....it's a pig in a poke!
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 5:26pm
No Mykey its a Poking a pig
Dj Maca Roots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj Maca Roots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by staiper staiper wrote:

..Ouuu damnnn

Now.. I am responsible for giving such Pig name to this enclosure.

I am pretty bad on finding some cool names for my boxes.. Those are usually
some not to much creative acronyms Embarrassed .. HOG was first not-acronym box name.

"what kind of subs are those... they look like KV2 or EV"
"No there a Fibonacci Scoop... there a very complicated design"
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL 
Can't Stop Jah Music
Jhodas View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhodas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 11:10pm
put one of these on the grill, that will befuddle everyone! hehe
Until the Lions have their own historians, tales of hunting will always glorify the hunter.
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 3:21pm
Quite like the name myself

I was wondering earlier today about hogs , and quite fancy investing in some,how much do you reckon it costs for 4?Loaded/UnloadedĀ 

cheers

Edited by Autograff - 11 November 2008 at 3:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>