Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H/R118 by Startec

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 10:28am

Mykey, thinking about moving the port to a lower position, but still its a rectangular port with the same dimension.. would this make a difference compare to the original design??

please ignore the left pic, its not edited...

Edited by Xmax extreme - 25 October 2008 at 11:59am
Maximum Excursion

Don't criticize your own competition, it looks like a publicity of your own commercial products.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 12:06pm
@ Xmax

I do feel a bit strange messing with the internal layout of someone elses design

I personaly would do it like this
I'm thinking the designer may have put the port on the lid, to gain some extra port length using the lid it's self?Ermm

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img136/revisedhybridhornqj8.jpg/1/][IMG]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/revisedhybridhornqj8.jpg
Xmax extreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 12:20pm
nice myke,... i was thinking also that option... i think mr startec would be open to the the changes we have, we are here to share knowledge to come come up with a better design... Smile
Maximum Excursion

Don't criticize your own competition, it looks like a publicity of your own commercial products.
dj-panoramix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj-panoramix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 3:47pm
i can ask him if you want ...lol
Xmax extreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by dj-panoramix dj-panoramix wrote:

i can ask him if you want ...lol

LOL!Thumbs Up
Maximum Excursion

login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 6:57pm
exciting stuff guys, Thumbs Up
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj-panoramix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 10:54am
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

@ Xmax

I do feel a bit strange messing with the internal layout of someone elses design

I personaly would do it like this
I'm thinking the designer may have put the port on the lid, to gain some extra port length using the lid it's self?Ermm

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img136/revisedhybridhornqj8.jpg/1/][IMG]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/revisedhybridhornqj8.jpg

so i asked him ,here is this answer:
I see that the port was moved, as it was originally
but by working on the port, I optimized the flow of airflow in the enclosure to the tunnel at an angle of 90 degrees between the door and the brace of 8cm at the beginning of port. The airflow is normally more consistent like this:

Edited by dj-panoramix - 29 October 2008 at 10:57am
DJEvol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJEvol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 8:24pm
et ben on peut dire que tous les plans du les donnes aux anglais toi mdr
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 3:13am
I see, but he says NORMALY, so he isn't 100%, thats why I asked if it has been built and tested?

Looks good, nice and compact, can't wait for some feedback on this design 

Edited by mykey - 31 October 2008 at 3:15am
MEAW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MEAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 11:17am
OH!YES!! Thank you and thank you for sharing the plans.
I'am build your H/R118 to nexproject.
Please show photos H/R118 cabinet thank you very much.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj-panoramix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 11:51am
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

I see, but he says NORMALY, so he isn't 100%, thats why I asked if it has been built and tested?
Looks good, nice and compact, can't wait for some feedback on this design 
i will ask ,but i think he had tried both ...Wink
LjudLahger View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 3:46pm
Now it's really time for someone to build this and show some pictures! Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>