Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 330331332333334 735>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
backlash View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 5:28pm
aye up, full phat, backlash and rupe's sound systems party the weekend just gone in the cold depths of the south west in a barn probably miles away from you... this was backlash and rupe's rig, plus a little added bonus from adam.... 6 nova sound martin 215 copies, 2 184 subs (yes our other 2 are so nearing completion now!) 2 jbl jrx 125's and 2 sonic sound horn loaded mid tops...

Edited by backlash - 11 December 2008 at 7:24pm
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 5:39pm
how many peeps you get in the end? judging by the daylight you made through to the morning?

loving adam in his usual place on the last pic right in front of the stacks.....
Silas )))))) View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 5:52pm
thats a wicked tin shed. How did it sound outside LOL
power in the blood
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 5:53pm
With enough EQ to overcome the constraints of the fixed point crossover (BSS FDS 360) we were using (215s were high passed at 80hz!) they hit some proper lows... (we boosted everything below 80hz to counteract the highpass of the crossover... seamed to work well enough - working with the kit that was available at the time - and not wanting to pull the cards out of the crossovers in a dark muddy barn)... I think they were hitting good solid mid 40s... seamed to really like the break beat... as did I.

Really impressed by the sound of those cabs and a weight of the bass... they are bloody large tho, I think each one is the same van-pack size as 3 HD215s... or atleast 2.

184s were good too.. first time I have heard them, seamed to dish out the lows.. not quite X1 style... but not bad for the size of them... probs sounded smoother than PD1850 loaded X1s... less aggressive.

I kept the mid-tops at a lower level than I would normally run them as, again, the fixed point crossover dictated 1.6khz highpass on the 1" compression driver... I normally high pass at 1.8k or even higher so I can push them harder... but still sounded ok.. just not as loud as they normally go (but that was probably just me being over-cautious because of no real limiting or AVC2 in the chain).

Overall, at the peak I thought it sounded pretty sweet (once all the niggles were sorted, like half the bins being out of phase - good spotting Rupe! - probably due to setting up in the pitch black in hurry).

f**k ME WAS THAT COLD!

Time for a clash I reckon... The Bomb Vs Neighbourhood...
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

loving adam in his usual place on the last pic right in front of the stacks.....

That's not me!

Kept going till about 9:30 / 10ish... still had a good 50ish peeps dancing at 8:30...

Originally posted by Silas )))))) Silas )))))) wrote:

thats a wicked tin shed. How did it sound outside LOL

Rattled like a bitch!

Edited by adambomb - 09 December 2008 at 5:58pm
boycey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 6:12pm
is that someone jumping off the stack?

the only thing more dangerous than a person who doesn't give a f**k is a person who gives a sh*t.
backlash View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 6:17pm
the 184's adam were severly under powered by amps, i reckon 400 watts per pd184 driver, if we'd put a k through each cab it'd be a bit closer to an x1 i reckon!!! but still you got the jist of it. was good to meet ya in the end!

Edited by backlash - 11 December 2008 at 7:25pm
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 6:32pm
just bought a kool little mini laptop/netbook thingy to run my little lighting rig off, needs testing some point tho :P
backlash View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 6:51pm
we used to have a little usb dmx (3 pin or 5 pin outputs) that we had some fun with back in the days when i used to play with lights.... cannot rememeber for the lift of me what it was, or where it is now, or what software we used! freestyler or freestyle maybe??? oh well! i remember my geeky computer wizz mate turned the software to run his virtual dj off my 24 channel dmx lighting desk, grand master did main level, channel a master did left deck, b master right deck volume etc! quite clever! but why... when you can get a mixer to do the same?
CLsystems View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by adambomb adambomb wrote:

With enough EQ to overcome the constraints of the fixed point crossover (BSS FDS 360) we were using (215s were high passed at 80hz!) they hit some proper lows... (we boosted everything below 80hz to counteract the highpass of the crossover... seamed to work well enough - working with the kit that was available at the time - and not wanting to pull the cards out of the crossovers in a dark muddy barn)... I think they were hitting good solid mid 40s...
------- Could of run 2 boxes with the 250-80 range, with the other 4 under 80, been the same cab im sure it would of worked ok, 

184s were good too.. first time I have heard them, seamed to dish out the lows.. not quite X1 style... but not bad for the size of them... probs sounded smoother than PD1850 loaded X1s... less aggressive 
------- I agree with that, all though more listening is needed

Time for a clash I reckon... The Bomb Vs Neighbourhood...
------ I reckon give rupert enough mains power, he has enough to make you wet yourself from 100yds. And dont forget he has friends who can bring more martin.......Smile
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 9:21pm
hold on hold on... if we are getting into bringing reinforcements then I have a couple of friends too...

But.. sticking to what each of us actually use... (4 X1s & 6 215s) I think it might be close thing, as the cabs stand with the current drivers.. but those novas are pretty special.. hmm... old vs new...

It would at the very least be a laugh.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 9:25pm
ruperts might be louder, adams will sound better
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 330331332333334 735>