Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Behringer Ultradrive Problems Poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 30>
Poll Question: I own/have owned a DCX2496 Ultradrive and it was....
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [4.46%]
11 [3.50%]
13 [4.14%]
184 [58.60%]
44 [14.01%]
48 [15.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2014 at 12:06am
Hey Sean and hi guys

Thanks for the advice, I have been having a play today, and getting to grips with the unit, I do have a constant directivity horn Norty so I will just have to fiddle a bit and see were that goes, I have a USB sound card and a measurement mic but might just wait till my summer season ends and get home and set up in a big empty room.

I do have 3 years guarantee through thomann so i don't think I will bother sending it back just because of a duff led,

Sean, I think a nice wireless iPhone app for the next series of ultra drive would be marvelous

Many thanks

Kev

Edited by kevin tyler - 04 September 2014 at 12:10am
kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2014 at 12:31am
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

Is your horn a constant directivity horn? If so, it will probably require some correction.
Note that its the horn that is significant, not the comp.
Have a google for CD horn compensation/eq

Hi again Norty, guys, I promise I will google up on this but..

With relation to page 5 of this PDF for my mid top cabs, it does not suggest any eq after the bell centering on 4khz.

Why would this be?

Cheers

Kev

http://beyma.com/uploads/descargas/1353672630.pdf

I used the cd1014nd and a td360 cd horn in the end, not the components specified

Edited by kevin tyler - 04 September 2014 at 12:40am
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2014 at 12:32am

Ok after a bit if a google, I get it, 2 to 4 k is the critical frequency, I thought it would be much higher than this,

I was presuming in most cases it would be a boost, not a cut as in the suggested pairing of cd and horn in my mid tops.

Kev

Edited by kevin tyler - 04 September 2014 at 12:20pm
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2014 at 1:38pm
"Sean, I think a nice wireless iPhone app for the next series of ultra drive would be marvelous"

And footswitch option????

LOL Smile LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 9:53am
Yes defo

Every bit of kit needs a footswitch, imagine a sewing machine with no fs, they would have had to to program a bit of code in to cubase to make a smock, the peasants would have revolted.

Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 11:42am
lol defo needs a foot switch
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 12:06pm
actualy that should have been one of the options on this poll "needs footswitch"
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 1:26pm
What is it with you and bloody foot switches!!!! Lol

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2014 at 2:42pm
I am not much of a dancer, but when my legs gets entangled in the fooswitch cable, it is often the highlight of the evening.

We have to think out of the box with these footswitches, a modern desk should have playback tracks and reverb mute all linked up,

Press the switch, track starts, reverb kicks in , end of track mute kicks in automatically.

It's like garlick and bread, it's the future.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2014 at 2:44pm
...you want a desk with programable macros and a 4 way foot switch?...... not much to ask!

lets sett which OEM kicks one out 1st...

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 12:25pm
Not sure about a 4 way footswitch, but I think with all the crap they are building into modern desks a bit of an app that ties a playlist in with a list of scenes is not too much of an outlandish idea,

rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:24am
just got one off ebay (supposedly) unused.

will often work for a decent amount of time once it gets going but is prone to power down randomly.

is this a common issue? time to get a refund??

thanks you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 30>