Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

--= SHOW OFF YOUR LX RIG!!!!=--

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djdarren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2009 at 5:11pm
Preacher View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2009 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

Have you had any probs with the wing power supply? Im on my third chamsys one now, they keep replacing them for free, but im carrying a spare now as i dont have a lot of faith in them.

That's interesting to know. Any one else had this problem, is it just the wings or are the desks effected as well???

LOVE the VL rig pics ClapClap, I know newer light are smaller, weigh less, do more and all that, but I am still into the old movers. I also love the old Golden Scans & Cyberlights, no one seems to do, or have come out with a really good moving mirror unit for a while (Big style, not little VR8 & disco style).
Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2009 at 9:52pm
No problems to report with the PSU.  What issues have you had?
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Liteworks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liteworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2009 at 10:30pm
Re: Chamsys wing psu's

I had a wing PSU die on me in December, thankfully had a spare onsite (the company who supplied the kit have had the problems before with them..).

The actual desks are based on a PC so they are PC type PSU's inside, not the walwarts the wings come with... so not a problem that plauges them.

Cheers

Matt
www.Lite-Works.co.uk

My Kettle is 2000w! why isn't it very loud??
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2009 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

No problems to report with the PSU.  What issues have you had?

the first one ( on my original pc wing) died with a soft pop and a bit of smoke from the wall wort - i replaced it with a maplins 2.5A 12v supply and that was good as gold for over a year
when i got the maxi wing, i reverted back to using the supplied supply as the maxi wing has an unusual power connector
half way thu plotting the lighting for a televised advertising awards thingy in december, it simply stopped working. Fortunately, i had been to maplins to get a spare beforehand, so 5 mins with a soldering iron to swap out the connector, and i had the wing back up.

I spoke to Matt @ chamsys who was very helpful, but said they had not had any reported problems. He sent me 2 new ones in the post as replacements.

Preacher - you are right about some of the old movers. the old vl's are a right pain in the backside to keep running, and spares are more or less non existant. But when they work, i still prefer what comes out the front to almost anything else - in particular the colour pallate which is superb
on the size and weight thing, well, being a 600w head, they are actually very light as they are completely aluminimum, and have switch mode ballasts. they weigh a good deal less than a mac500 say
old clay pakys are great too arnt they Liteworks..
Stray-Sounds View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stray-Sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2009 at 1:54am
Some lights I set up and programmed with a mate a while ago. (megasounds)

@dj darren - that looks cool, what lights are being used in them vids?

Edited by Stray-Sounds - 19 January 2009 at 2:17am

<a href="http://www.soundhirewales.co.uk/">PA & Lighting - Sound Hire Wales</a>

djdarren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djdarren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2009 at 7:58pm
the lights are ABSTRACT VRX  All controlled from a leap frog 48. The laser was a 500mw RGB
jas0n View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jas0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2009 at 2:07pm
awesome darren
djdarren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djdarren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2009 at 5:01pm
djdarren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djdarren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2009 at 5:02pm
This was all in someones back garden !
WhiteElephantSounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteElephantSounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2009 at 7:32pm
That last shots amazing! Thumbs Up
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2009 at 10:16pm
is that last pic a fairground ride on a long exposure time?
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>