Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

peavey Cs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: peavey Cs
    Posted: 06 February 2009 at 7:49pm
I loan my old 1980 cs 800 peavey amp to a friend. he said the amp was playing and then cut-out .I checked the fuse at the back of the amp and it was blown. i replaced the fuse and it also blow. what could be the cause and is there anyone in London who could repair this amp?

i know it an old amp but it was given to me by my brother.

Clive
i got the sound bug bad there no cure
yardie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2009 at 8:13pm
are this amp so old that no-one wants to repair them

clive
i got the sound bug bad there no cure
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 4:46pm
The output transistors are more than likely dead. It is a fairly easy amplifier to repair. Any tech within your area should be able to bring it back to life.

Peavey still sell parts for the CS 800 (All versions)despite being 30 years old.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
italsound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 5:17pm
are you sure about that i have been trying to find parts for a CS 1200 now for about a year with no luck and that also includes phoning peavey technical department in us myself

Warren
its all about the bass
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 5:36pm
I was referring to the CS 800. The CS 1200 had a short life and was not as popular as the CS 800.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 5:47pm
Here's Peavey's number that came directly off my CS 800X Manual. 601-483-5365 or parts@peavey.com from their website.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
italsound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 5:58pm
my CS1200 still goin strong im just after a certain part but have no clue were to get them as peavey dont make them no more and this part was for the whole range
its all about the bass
The Garglebard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Garglebard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by italsound italsound wrote:

my CS1200 still goin strong im just after a certain part but have no clue were to get them as peavey dont make them no more and this part was for the whole range

+ 1. 

My CS1200x has never let me down either. What part are you looking for exactly?

Edited by The Garglebard - 10 February 2009 at 7:23pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 7:39pm
Ebay in the States have a few blokes who are/were authorised Peavey repair personal. You may want to search there time to time for some do sell parts out of their inventory that is no longer in production.

I’ve contacted numerous sellers throughout the years in search for a particular part. At times, I’ve had great success. Bare in mind Peavey parts were not proprietary so, the part may be available but just not under Peavey’s stock number.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2009 at 11:05am
yardie, dave viney fixes my amps but he is based in Southampton.

I know it is a fair way to drive but he is a true expert and perhaps you could make it more worthwhile by taking a few other amps down for a service and clean?

His number is 02380776325
me so horny, me love you long throw.
 Post Reply Post Reply