Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wanted EV MTL-4 (4x18") plan carfully

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
OllieMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OllieMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wanted EV MTL-4 (4x18") plan carfully
    Posted: 01 June 2010 at 7:39pm
Could these be them?:
http://speakersdiy.weebly.com/uploads/4/3/8/7/4387513/6834205_orig.png
DOJO MEDIA.

PA HIRE/ RECORDING STUDIOS/ BACKLINE HIRE.
bruce@bluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 7:35pm
As far as I know Prosound had some sort of licence agreement to manufacture the boxes over here
and that's why they got a bit rattled. Anyway the violator was making the boxes out of 16mm chipboard and cheap chineese drivers that probly added insult to injury.
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 5:41am
Had a bad lawyer, did they?

US 4,733,749 expired March 29, 2005

Also, one could have claimed US 4,391,346 expired July 5, 2000

Edited by _djk_ - 13 May 2010 at 5:41am
djk
bruce@bluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 7:05pm
I know a crowd down her in Durban that started making MTL4 boxes and got a visit from the owner of Pro-Sound (the distributors of EV in South Africa) and his lawyer he was forced to destroy the boxes for copyright infringementCry  
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 7:29pm
"Any speaker manufacturer would be mad to life time warranty speakers"

Warranty is to cover defects in materials and workmanship, not wearing out after 30 years, or abuse.
djk
Glitch_CapeTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glitch_CapeTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 8:22am
or find a bigger marker pen...
Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2010 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Howie Howie wrote:

I can vouch for them not taking 400w, but a friend of mine (an ex KT  group rep) says that all EV drivers they have a lifetime warranty. I just got shot of mine tho. 
Any speaker manufacturer would be mad to life time warranty speakers.Wacko
I hope this is for an install cause these things weigh a ton, youd need a fork lift .
LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
alisykes0442 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alisykes0442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 8:20pm
sounds cool man cheers 
bena1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bena1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 3:50pm
And also the boxes were tuned for the drivers. And it travels well over distance,clean sound from a tiny system,exelent for dj and backtrack artist but 15" bins needed for punch. So i believe in mtl4 and dsx 4,the dsx 4 is just with 15" .
Seeking the best bass!
bena1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bena1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 3:46pm
Hey there a friend of mine did make mtl4 that shakes the earth with selenium 800w drivers in and a home made butterfly array wit peavy black widow 12"times 2 and bmd 750 2",its loud and have out performed most systems spl and sql wise,i talking big systems. 8 tops per side and 2 bins per side,il post pics soon.
Seeking the best bass!
AndyWave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyWave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 8:23pm
No coprighted material violations. Why dont you buy one and copy that.

Read the rules please.

twinsaudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinsaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 6:09am
Hi,
Do you have a the drawing for jbl vertec array 18' dual any model.i want to make my own but i want to see inside the box.

Thanks
Ronnie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>