Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please help me in choosing web hosting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0as Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help me in choosing web hosting
    Posted: 10 April 2009 at 2:42pm
Hi everyone,
I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (ixwebhosting.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking http://www.hosting24.com/ - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..
Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 10:42pm
http://www.ysh.co.uk/ In the UK. Seriously nice people
It's everything, not everythink!
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2009 at 4:12am
nethosted.co.uk

You can't get better help than them
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 11:14pm
Unlimited is possible - yes. Its becoming increasingly more common. But, you'll need to bear in mind the cost of it vs. paying less for a 5Gb account for example (are you going to need more than 5Gb within the time of the contract?). 

Important factors to look at for hosting that are often overlooked are CUSTOMER SERVICE and RELIABILITY don't forget! If you call them up and get a machine then thats often a bad thing :)
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 1:56am
none of you are expecting another newly registered poster to recommend hosting24.com any time now?
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 2:01am
Rick C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 3:25pm
Check us out! http://www.dubhosting.com
 Post Reply Post Reply