Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1 x 15 bass cab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 x 15 bass cab
    Posted: 31 May 2009 at 7:40pm
don't you just hate sundays, was so bored today I got into cutting some wood (sorry MDF)
I decided to clear out my temp workshop and came across a pair of serviceable EV 5015 drivers so decided to make some cab's up for them, couple of shaky rebates but all's good (well you have to leave room for the filler don't you?)
the cab is half of a P-audio design and works suprisingly well with the ev's in, nice deep bass with loads of punch, and all made from off cuts! sorry for the crappy pic's phone cam!!!!!

Edited by colint - 28 June 2009 at 2:45am
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 8:11pm
looks good m8 Smile all good for a days work
Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2009 at 2:01pm
Got most of it finished now and started to refurb the JBL loaded cabs so the finished system will look like this:

Nice & portable and sounds really nice, and I've put top hats on the top's & the sides so I can use 1 pair on their own if needed! just need some 2226's for the bass cabs now but untill then the EV's will have to do, how long they last on a P3000 is another thing?

Edited by colint - 27 June 2009 at 2:03pm
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 2:35am
I had this system out tonight with my brothers soul band, the band is an 8 piece with brass and the venue a village hall in kent with about 300 punters for a 40th birthday, the system consisted of the above pair of bass cabs and the JBL loaded cabs you see above them driven off a qsc plx 3402 on bass & a qsc plx1602 on mid/hi.
 to be truthful I was a bit aprehensive at first because of the size of the hall (normal village hall with loadsa hard surfaces) during sound check everything sounded quite boomy but very loud
with 300 people everything changed!
the bass was so tight it was un-real and i find it hard to understand how these cabs coped with the size of the room, taking into account they don't even have the correct p-audio drivers in them and the design was for a 2 x 15 which I've cut in half?
The band normally use a pair of EV s200's & a pair of tl606 1 x 15 bass cabs and drive the system against the limiter using the same rack and crossover (graystone flex eq  by shuttlesound) all the band commented how much better to sound was and without driving the system flat out!
so you could say the sunday building these cabs was well spent & I'm a very happy bunny because the band has asked me to build the same system for them!

Edited by colint - 28 June 2009 at 2:38am
dj s-one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj s-one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2009 at 7:36am
hey those are some good lookin cabnets..looks like just what i want to build..but I cant find plans for those anywhere..can you give me plans for those!

PLEASE!!!!
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2009 at 4:44pm
Hi Scott there are no plans as such for this cab? it's a p-audio design that I altered to suit my needs, the original plan was for a 2 x 15" cab which at first I quite liked but thought they would be somewhat large to move on my own hence 4 1 x 15" cabs!
if you'd like to pm me your e-mail address I'll do a drawing and mail it to you, but be warned my drawing skills are not that good!

Edited by colint - 29 June 2009 at 4:45pm
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2010 at 3:11pm
Cute looking cabs there!

What are the outer dimensions on these 15'' bass cabs Colin ? If you still have them or remember!

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2010 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Cute looking cabs there!

What are the outer dimensions on these 15'' bass cabs Colin ? If you still have them or remember!

Hi Tekasis if you pm me your mail address I'll gladly mail you the plan!
Col.
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2010 at 10:10pm
Think I've at last found how to get a pdf drawing on the desktop so here goes!

All I did with this plan was to cut it in half or I should say just over half? what I did was to extend the Y shaped brace on the back panel to make the bottom of the cab! which make's for a short fat cab! Lol
These cab's are in regular use with the above mentioned EV 400watt drivers (same as the EVM 15L) and perform really well. (even driven flat out of a PLX3402)
I've also tried them with a JBL 2226 and the results were even better!

Edited by colint - 30 June 2010 at 10:19pm
t.geessounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t.geessounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2010 at 10:36pm
look niceThumbs Up
TRANS-AUDIO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRANS-AUDIO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2010 at 3:04pm
good job from uSmile
loodimilojko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loodimilojko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2010 at 10:36pm
hi 2 u all! i have one question how would rcf l15-554 behive in those cabs! i have 2 of them and planing to build these cabs for them!! speakers are l15-554 not the 554k version! thanks!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>