Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Q12 12" Sub

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDAUDIO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 10:49pm
@Tony: can you please send me plans for Q12, Q28 and the double 12 subs? I cannot pm you since I've not posted enough but I would like to get them... 
I don't know if you can pm me, if not please send a mail to roberto @ ddaudio . it

Thanks in advance
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2013 at 9:35pm
Just doing a slight redesign of the Q12 at the moment, will publish details in a few days after some more testing.

Tony

Edited by Tony Wilkes - 08 October 2013 at 9:35pm
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2013 at 12:26am
yes mate you should redesign it with beyma p1000nd in mind, forget them foreign speakers

LOL

Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2013 at 8:09am
Originally posted by kevin tyler kevin tyler wrote:

yes mate you should redesign it with beyma p1000nd in mind, forget them foreign speakers

LOL

*&%$$*  ""(*&&^^65   ^^&$%**<>,....... X!!!*(&*8*99**

Edited for foul language and abuse :)

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2013 at 11:46am
beyma= mucho bassio jiggi jiggy bumphio!

LOL
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2013 at 10:51am
Mucho bassio jiggi jiggy bumphio.

Is that Spanish for "Oh dear, my voice coil just came unglued" ???

Stick to the original BMS driver and you get:-

"Muchie muchie bassie love you long time no breakie".
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2013 at 9:41am
I think the bms is a sensible driver

It screams

Me and derr wife will have a walk on de beach. Listen to some polka music and be in our seperate beds before 10.30 yah

3sky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 6:32pm
Would anyone be willing to share with me the plans for q12 sub ? thanks
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2015 at 8:42am
Funny how many people are interrested in this design lately...

Do you have the correct BMS driver 12S330? The whole concept of the tiny box with the assisted alignment only works if you have that specific driver. 

If you want another driver than you might be better off building something else.

https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2015 at 12:14pm
***NO DISRESPECT MENT!!!***

...you'll find with most artwork... its only worth something once the artist has past on!!

can we not call it a Wilkes Q12?
I own one and now and again i get to talk about Tony to people. Which is a nice legacy.

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2015 at 4:23pm

I purchased all the rights to Tonys plans and wont be posting them as free plans, but I am happy to continue giving then out, with a small payment which goes in a charity pot in his honour. How much you give is upto you. Money goes to the heart foundation.

This enables you to build them for your own use, but does not allow them to be built and sold for profit, If your after ready built ones im happy to quote you, or you can speak to the guys at secrets of sound (tmal), who also have Tonys blessing to build them.

Some of the designs are not included these are any designs Tony did not give away, and the q..fp range that we jointly worked on.
https://www.elements-audio.com
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2015 at 4:54pm
So we cant host the Q12/15/18 plans on here then?

I dont wish to be disrespectful but Tony did host them for free on his own site, surely THEY are ok for free hosting?

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>