Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Q12 12" Sub

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiffing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Jasonstry Jasonstry wrote:

Tony,
How much would it cost me to buy some of these boxes, completely built, loaded, painted etc.
Cheers.
Andy

i'd also like to know this.

Cheers
Chris
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 11:15am
I can help with the drivers but would prefer if you get a quote for the boxes from one of the box builders on this site.
I personally have used Dom on here who has always delivered but I know that there are load of competent builders on here.
They will seem expensive if you compare them to the budget stuff by Mackie, Peavey, Yamaha etc. but are considerably less than the proper high-end stuff that they should be compared with.

Tony

kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 11:43am
Hi tony

have you done any more with this design, did you make and test the 2 by 12 version,

i'm in the mood to build something new and  my bass bins just wont roll up stairs

Smile
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 11:58am
Kevin  Big smile  Yes I have been using them a while now. Similar output to a typical single 18" but in 70L. These are tuned like the single 12" @ 45hz and have a simmed -3db of 43hz. To use a hi-fi term they really have a slam to them. Have also done slightly bigger boxes of 45L per driver tuned to 38hz.

The simple system below has got more praise than anything that I have ever taken out. Embarrassed

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 12:32pm
well done tony

that looks really great, and luggable,

what you up? are you building any more gear,

hope you are well

kevSmile
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 12:39pm
Done a few commercial designs which are hush-hush.

Some guys I know are building my 4 x 12" "V" top section which has 4 x 12N620's and a Neo Co-Ax top end which should be fun. Setting it up in a few weeks will take a few piccies.

Working on a few Tapped horns at the moment 12" & 15" versions. Will post results when and if they put a smile on my face.

What about you?

Tony
mikey bear View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Tony Wilkes Tony Wilkes wrote:

Working on a few Tapped horns at the moment 12" & 15" versions. Will post results when and if they put a smile on my face.

look forward to hearing about these designs
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 2:43pm
Hi tony

i am well thanks, just treading water waiting for the summer season to kick in, its a bit slack here to say the least, post some pics when you can of your projects, sounds interesting

cheers

kev
Jon Norwich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Norwich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 11:30am
Is the plan for the 1 x 12" still available???? I'm keen.....

Love the idea of having a small sub that would do the job - i'm in a band and we would like some punch in pubs without breaking our backs....

Edited by Jon Norwich - 22 September 2010 at 11:32am
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 11:32am
Jon, Just PM me your normal Email address please.

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 9:52pm
tony love these little subs look great. still cant get that mini dsp card todo anything. Angry 
I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Edd Jordan Edd Jordan wrote:

tony love these little subs look great. still cant get that mini dsp card todo anything. Angry 

I had no problems getting mine to work, I really got narked with it because of its less than unity gain and also because of it software dependencies.

They seem to be held in high regard in other quarters.

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>