Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get your Racks out....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 165>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 8:05am

Hi guys,yes,thanks,the photos were taken on the hurry up one day,as u can see still got some of the amps wrapped in plastic,and have lots more of those as well, most i have fully restored(the BGW 750 is from 1976!) and are now all in mint condition.is 6 Citronics ppx900.3 studiomaster(the original RSD ones),2 peaveys from the 1980`s and the classic HH v800.

Manns 1000.my studiomasters are the original 1978 ones,built like a sherman tank,and a lovely punchy sound.they are great amps,but obviously with anything that age,trying to find "mint" non-abused items is very hard now..when i get a moment i will try and take some better photos of the whole lot.

Be seeing you.
ashnono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashnono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 10:06am
[QUOTE=DIRTSOUNDBOY]Is it just me or am i the only person who cant
get enough flashing lights in the rack, everyone elses racks are functional
and to the point but mine are just slowly filling up with 1u vu meters ands
stuff! you turn em on and it looks like blackpool pleasure beach arcade!!!![/
QUOTE]

ha ha, i thought i was in maplin or in a spazzed up vauxhall corsa. when i
turned my new matrix amp on. The fan tunnels lit up bright ice blue.

pics on way.

Edited by ashnono - 19 November 2005 at 10:08am
Phil B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 10:18am
Some from work the other week.........

This is the control rack for a Res5 rig..the amps were all behind the stacks and Lemo`s were run to them from here.

This was running a dance stack...FFA`s and Infrabass...Oh Boy!

A recent install...

Top section running a full Noise Control Rig. The lower rack running the stage Monitors

and our " cobble together" at a recent party

Left rack is Acme sounds, The centre rack is running the "old" Dekked rig ( )and yes that`s a VZ5 in there which will NEVER happen again.... and you can just make out the FFa and 360 on the right which was running all On-Tik`s loonie bins ..shame we didn`t have enough power to get it heaving.

.p.

Edited by phildekked - 19 November 2005 at 10:25am
Mostly harmless.... except if catering is shut.

Solar Sound System Shennanigans..http://diyhifi.biz/
Rengade Project View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rengade Project Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 10:52am
You all in Europe sure have many different Amplifier companys to chose from...it is truly amazing!!!!
MUSIC SWEET,www.myspace.com/renegadeproject
djstefanos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djstefanos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 10:57pm

Originally posted by Rengade Project Rengade Project wrote:

You all in Europe sure have many different Amplifier companys to chose from...it is truly amazing!!!!

true

gingerbiscuit69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 12:13pm
well, heres my small and pathetic rig, the finest in chinese imports, and a bit of knackered english junk!

Rengade Project View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rengade Project Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 2:46pm
Those purple amplifiers the FFa I believe what are the power ratings on them Mnsr phildekked
MUSIC SWEET,www.myspace.com/renegadeproject
*MMD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *MMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 4:28pm
Phil B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by *MMD *MMD wrote:

Take a look here: http://www.noisecontrolaudio.com/

It`s changed from the specs on there.....

They do 3k a side at 2 ohms ...( the old ones did that anyway but were badged 5000 when really they were 6 k !- all down a dodgy house supply when they were first being developed!!)

Gonna get the new specs this week ....

.p.
Mostly harmless.... except if catering is shut.

Solar Sound System Shennanigans..http://diyhifi.biz/
Insomnia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 7:12pm

i am currently running 2 identical racks-as pictured

Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 7:21pm
I'm just finishing building some new rack cases.  Will take a picture once I get one loaded and wired up...
"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
tom_noise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom_noise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 5:20am
so i'll show also my little URPS rack.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 165>