Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - JAH LOKKO / HYTAL ROCKAS / KING ALPHA @ BLACK SWAN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JAH LOKKO / HYTAL ROCKAS / KING ALPHA @ BLACK SWAN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JAH LOKKO / HYTAL ROCKAS / KING ALPHA @ BLACK SWAN
    Posted: 05 October 2009 at 6:16pm
cranky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 8:38pm
Tuff Tuff Tuff!!!!!!!
long time i need to see king alpha, thanks and praises
Jamie** View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 9:54am
Bump
Jamie** View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 12:11pm
All roads lead this friday....

For all out of town ites here for a map

For all sat nav ites postcode is BS5 6NR

Newly refurbished venue, large smoking area, nuff parking............

justin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 5:58pm
Greetings roots music crew.....
I attended this session, 300 miles round trip to Bristol in the rain.
I like the new look black swan club, very clean & tidy.

First let me say i think all 3 sound system had technical but gave there best.

Jah Lokko:- Played some nice tunes but they had no tops section and had to turn up the mids to compensate for this and by doing this it made some tunes sound harsh on the ears.At times sounded very heavy.Jah lokko remind me of a early iration steppas with all the different audio bits bolted together to create there sound. Overall good job.

Hytal rockers:- played some nice tunes including some king earthquake production.Had some sort of technical midway through the session but when it was fixed and he dropped his bass to announce he was back in service...mmmmnn them A.S.S bins did sound nice.Hytal rockers mids did sound weak, they will need to be on top form for the session next month with Iration steppas cos mark wont play. On the night they did entertain me the best.

King Alpha:- First time i heard them was at Silverspoon night club wembely london and they were very impressive but in brixton town hall they were less impressive, overdriving everything and this session they sounded worse.They were pushing some serious power and low bass through them turbomax speakers and the speakers were working but there was no sub coming out of the scoops. I saw this same problem on iration steppas when they played with Aba and Jah tubbys, not shure what the problem was.
Counted 36 tweeters on King alpha stack so you can imagine how it and they were very loud. Played a lot of there own production.

Good turnout and i will return....
p.s All 3 sound the mic and the mc / vibes man was poor and it did not help if the quality of the mic setup was poor ...need to stepup you game and keep up the vibes