Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RESULTS - scoop shootout

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Saul Saul wrote:

it's all horses for courses anyway. Seems so many people want different sounds out of their boxes.... 

I agree, you're right that everyone want's a different type of sound.

have heard pd1850 and v18-1200, and obviously the 1500 and 1800 in this box. 1200i sounds best. 

Same here, but in my/our listening, we heard pd1850, v18-1200, v18-1000, B-Line 800, Volt 4504, 18Sound LW1400, T/max 1200i, Fane XB-600,  at the same time, not one here & another there, trying to remember what the last one sounded like, proper elimination process!

The B-Line 800 shocked a few!

I've mentioned a few times before, between the PD1850 and T/max 1200i, they were too close for me to make a personal choice, although other guys prefered the 1200i.

The strange thing which I still can't get my head around, is that the cab we kept going back to use as a reference, was a PD1850 loaded Shortman mini scoop!

What I/we have definately noticed, is the road worthyness & ruggedness of the PD, there's no comparison from what we've realized so far!  

@tek, at the recent shootout, don't you remember how terrible the 1500 sounded in the shorty full size?

Of course I remember! How can I ever forget! But many swear to the 1500's in the S/man mini!

The next shoot-out will be interesting!

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Of course I remember! How can I ever forget! But many swear to the 1500's in the S/man mini!

The next shoot-out will be interesting!

definately boss, looking foward to it.. 

personally ive never heard the 1500 in the standard shortman mini..... 

Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 9:27pm

personally ive never heard the 1500 in the standard shortman mini.....

Same here, but in a few months time you will.

I'm feel like I'lm leaning towards to PD's again until proved otherwise!

**Heavy Weight-Line**
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 9:30pm

so maybe we should stop arguing, no, debating Tongue, which combo is heaviest etc, and just build/buy what we like the sound of.....

Thumbs Up

Best way! It's certainly cheaper, but no one likes to play their system against another, & get shaken up! Especially in the reggae scene.

**Heavy Weight-Line**
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 9:43pm

@tek, at the recent shootout, don't you remember how terrible the 1500 sounded in the shorty full size? well IMO anyway.

Can guarantee that would be due to driver not loosened first.

Have heard pair of 1500s in Shortman mini across bridged Matrix "STR"3000, and can assure it was thunder.

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

@tek, at the recent shootout, don't you remember how terrible the 1500 sounded in the shorty full size? well IMO anyway.

Can guarantee that would be due to driver not loosened first.

Have heard pair of 1500s in Shortman mini across bridged Matrix "STR"3000, and can assure it was thunder.

yh but mini and full - different cabs. 

and the terrible sound didnt sound like it was becuase of new driver issues - it was that flappy kinda wrong throat/chamber kinda sound..

the fane1500 on the other hand i thought sounded great in the full size.. 
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 12:25am

yh but mini and full - different cabs. 

and the terrible sound didnt sound like it was becuase of new driver issues - it was that flappy kinda wrong throat/chamber kinda sound..

the fane1500 on the other hand i thought sounded great in the full size.. 

Oh dear Shocked

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Marios View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 5:13am
A couple of things. We currently have HBLs modded Hogs. We are very very happy with them. We'll be a/b ing them with the Hogs built by Jonny Herbal soon to see which one sounds better (with the same driver 1850). We will be expanding our rig next year so we want to see what works best.
Also after a long wait we'll have our xtros loaded so we'll see if hogs and xtros are a good combo.
Its deffo true though that a Hog is a different animal from a normal scoop. We've used ours before with live bands with amazing results. They just need either a big room or an outdoor stage to work really well. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp9QJh1jycA)

I was at Roys rjm the other day and he said that most of the turbomax drivers he builds are in constand r&d through Iration. He just designs them, gives them to Mark who gives them a good run and then he'll either continue to mod them or put them in production. Iration still have Inf8vII (they are slightly modded though).
MGS Productions
bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Marios Marios wrote:

They just need either a big room or an outdoor stage to work really well. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp9QJh1jycA)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLLWSHkrZT4

whooooy :) GO HOGS!
Geoff974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geoff974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2019 at 4:25pm
greetings!
10 years later, new amps, new speakers ... Someone did a test of all that? what do you think about PCH Audio FV2 scoop?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122