Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vintage mixers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freevox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2015 at 3:03pm
Hello !Clin dœil
I desperately search any information ( documents / plans / user manual / ...) on this mixer HARRISON SP2000 ; may be someone on this board you could help me ...
( Automatically translated my English is too bad Cri) thank you all !!!

* I bought one in Belgium there is a month with
 2 x M1 micro 3.2mv
4 X M2 line / phono
1 x M3 beat counter

and must have another one soon to complete GENEVA sold it ...
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by freevox freevox wrote:

Hello !Clin dœil
I desperately search any information ( documents / plans / user manual / ...) on this mixer HARRISON SP2000 ; may be someone on this board you could help me .....
There is a post about the mixer from  a few years ago, here: http://forum.speakerplans.com/vintage-mixers_topic32679_page10.html

Edited by jazomir - 23 December 2015 at 12:11pm
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
freevox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freevox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 8:15pm

jazomir goodnight , I have seen this post, it is also the only online ... Merry Christmas to everyone Sourire
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 9:59pm
Just saw this post, I need some boxes for old fomula mixers, have channels for building 2 pm-80
Consider doing some boxes myself!
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
Rich99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2015 at 12:57am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Here is a good one.....this is the DJ booth at the famous Studio 54 in New York,circa late 70's.

Mixer is a Bozak,but what are the turntables,Lenco or Thorens?
Not sure if anyone came up with a definitive answer but I don't think it's a GL75; unless they modified the tone arm.  I'm restoring a stock one at the moment and it's nothing like this.  I was in a shop the other day and they had a Leak that looked just like it but I'd go Thorens too.

Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2015 at 12:37pm

Looks like a variation of this TD125 to me
Billy Dawg.
P@Freak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P@Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 11:40am
https://www.facebook.com/1461857724077286/photos/a.1461929060736819.1073741829.1461857724077286/1538641446398913/?type=3&theater

Sacred Halls of Studio 54 !

Wink P@Freak

Edited by P@Freak - 28 December 2015 at 11:41am
Sanchez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2018 at 4:34pm
Hello,

I worked for Rank Leisures back in the early seventies. I had access to Sundown Discotech along Charing Cross Road, opposite Centre Point. They used the Millbank Disco 3, silver surface.They were called Millbank Disco III 360.
Mine got stolen. Has any one got a picture or has one for sale. Thanks. Sanchez.
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 1:16am
It's quite funny to think that the Disco 3 wasn't very popular because nobody wanted those strange "crossfader" things, what's wrong with the rotary pots we all know and love?
And now, 45 years later,  rotaries are back in fashion.

The silver coloured Disco 3's (brushed steel panel) don't age very well, I have two very tatty ones waiting to be turned into one good unit and they are covered in rusty spots.

My blue painted one is still in very nice condition.

But I'm not parting with them. I will try and put up some pictures in the next few days.

P.S. The Sundowns were famous for their technical installations but don't seem to have stayed in business for very long. I never visited one, but remember seeing some of Dave Martin's pictures of the venues.

Edited by madboffin - 29 October 2018 at 1:22am
Sanchez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 1:25am
Thanks, that is great. I bought mine in 1973 from Roger Squires. Still got the receipt. Got a couple of the blue surface ones, but they are probably from the earlier models because the silver steel surface ones had two types of outputs, a pair of low output connectors and two high outputs connectors at the back of the mixer. The blue ones are different. 
Sanchez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 12:20pm
Hi Colin t
Any pictures. I am from the seventies. I acquired the Millbank Disco 3 first and then the Citronic mixer, then the Seck Producer. Still got the citronic and the Seck Producer. The Millbank got stolen sadly.
Sanchez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 12:30pm
Hi madboffin,
Any pics of the silver Millbank DISCO III.
Still love them forty five years later. Sundown was a very popular venue at the time. It was always packed. It will be good to get the opinions of those who used the Millbank mixer. Keep in touch.
Danny.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>