Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citronic Consoles, mixers and amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 98>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2015 at 9:14am
The problem with some Pro audio dudes is they believe their own bullshite.
There are good and bad in all brands (except Prosound which is all shite) the skill is sifting out the good from the bad.  

Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2015 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by colint colint wrote:

The problem with some Pro audio dudes is they believe their own bullshite.
There are good and bad in all brands (except Prosound which is all shite) the skill is sifting out the good from the bad.  

The mindset seems to be that all DIY stuff sucks. Yeah it costs 10 times less than your pro stuff so it must suck. LOL

The DIY guys aknowledge that there are good stuff available in the pro audio realm but it dont seem to work the other way. Unless the diy gear is made by some pro audio dude.Big smile

Ill much rather build a whole sound system myself with same cost as 1 pro audio midtop...
"what!?"
sasha1126 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasha1126 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2015 at 12:47am
i have read your post on mixers and would also agree that the sound from formula sound mixers is rich and full and one of the best mixers around that has graced many a night club. unfortunately my 21 year old PM 90 has sprung a leak, i have had to replace most of the ic,s and faders and op amps etc over the years and i have lost count of the headphone pots that i have gone through. I recently had to change all the regulators in the power supply due to a misadventure with a generator on a charity float . Massive hum changed regulators problem solved , that was 12 months ago, now i have developed a another hum , not nearly as loud , its present when nothing is inputted into mixer and mixer is not connected to amp . I have changed master module and the fault carries, so its the psu thats causing the problem. i threw a meter over the outputs and + /- 18volts was grand , the other was 1.2 volts down on load , so i adjusted the trim pot and brought it up to correct voltage , ( cant remember of the top of my head it was 5 or 6 volts) so i changed the regulator on this output "just in case "and still have hum. Any ideas how to solve this problem , i dont have a scope and i am not use to audio psu,s problems. i have looked at the caps and they seem fine , my next move is to change them all.
                                                  Cheers
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2015 at 9:45am
Your PM 90 fault could also be an input module. It seems you have had more problems with your PM90 than all the ones we supplied and fitted ever.

Formula Sound have an excellent technical department. Carriage may cost you, but they will fix it it very quickly and often much cheaper than independant audio engineers. They have all the parts and only fix it 100%.

This is however a Citronic thread. Maybe you could start a new one in the general section and ask advice there
Billy Dawg.
sasha1126 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasha1126 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2015 at 10:02am
Thank you for your prompt reply, I am sorry i thought this was a general forum for mixers, i did not realise it was for Citronic units only . I will give Formula Sound a bell, thanks again for your reply.
2x18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2x18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2015 at 5:00pm
just found this 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citronic-SA200-Power-Amplifier-Convection-cooled-No-fans-Quiet-/371289069626?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item56728d983a
just a old dj
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 11:38pm
My citronic mpx9-11 has a light with SPI written under it,next to the level knob. I suppose its Signal Peak Indicator.

The question is,should the light stay unlit,flashing or lit?

Thanks!
"what!?"
simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 10:21am
Or it could mean signal present indicator.
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 11:19am
Originally posted by simonp1100 simonp1100 wrote:

Or it could mean signal present indicator.

It would be more rational since there is no distortion even when cranked up and the light is on!

Never heard of signal present indicator but its no surpriseLOL
"what!?"
simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 2:27pm
Pretty sure it is a signal present indicator, this was used as a conformation that the signal was there at the unit (or signal coming out). They are also used on a few amplifiers etc.
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 3:33pm
Pretty sure it's just signal present.
Billy Dawg.
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 3:42pm
Thanks guys!

Any idea when the light goes on. for example -6db or something?
"what!?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 98>