Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Qsc plx series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kallabungo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 11:06am
we use a 3402 on TMS5 mid/top and it is quite a good amp, but it's not the absolute best sounding amp out there. I've had early clip happen on it too but i think that may of been due to prolonged exposure to red light mixer action.
Never tried it at 2ohms a side, gets pretty hot at 4 a side but she just keeps on going...
K2 Sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K2 Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 11:33am
Does your Soundweb have mic/line cards?
BSS have confirmed to me that they have some noise issues.
How about your cables?
Lincoln1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lincoln1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 3:53am

Not all 'bought' CD's have great quality these days in my opinion. Maybe just try one of your known well engineered discs also...

ArthurG View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArthurG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 7:04am
Originally posted by Lincoln1 Lincoln1 wrote:

Not all 'bought' CD's have great quality these days in my opinion. Maybe just try one of your known well engineered discs also...

+1 
and it's quite the opposite ! the vast majority of the commercial stuff sounds bad with heavy compression and wrong tonal balance to meet the low quality standard of the "ipod / mp3 generation" Confused
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 1:18pm
I dont think I have purchased a cd since 199??? long time ago.. well before the ipod mp3 or laptops

usually I use soul to soul keep on movin, Road to hell Chris Rea  Eurhythmics greatest hits
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
DJRava View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJRava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 12:22am
I have to say, I've driven our Res with our QSC PLX's a couple of times, and it's sounded fine.
Not AS clean, or as much headroom as what we normally use, but in no way harsh or grainy!
I happily use the PLX2's with all our Martin stuff, and can't see that ever changing!
I do prefer the older PLX's to the PLX2's though...
Joe
trapz72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapz72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 10:18pm
Soul to Soul -" keep on moving"  That's a good 'un. looking to make a new test cd and I think I'll give that a go. how about Nirvana's Nevermind LP and Vince clark remix of Happy mondays' W.F.L.?  
DC_DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 5:53pm

My 3 plx´s all sound very good indeed, never had a problem with distortion nor graininess even at clip. 

Altho i could swear that i detect a tad more thd on the plx2´s. Maybe im wrong, but thats my personal preference. 

kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 8:44pm
Quote Soul to Soul -" keep on moving" That's a good 'un

Slightly OT but this track is on the 'Kenwood' Moved By Music hifi CD sampler that was used by dealers to demo their equipment when CD players first came out. It also has Average White Band (Pick up the Pieces) and Lonnie Liston Smith (Expansions) amongst others, all great recordings to test sound systems with!
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Peter Jan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 9:00pm
Deleted

Edited by Peter Jan - 03 March 2010 at 9:21pm
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 9:13pm

Another generation's old classic. Gat Decor Passion:

highly predictable lots of space to make hearing stuff going on in the room easy, pretty clean samples throbs along

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
Bjørn Dub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjørn Dub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by 4D 4D wrote:

Is it me or are they nasty sounding  adding a kind of 8 bit graininess. Used three 3602's to drive lo mid, hi mid, high on the r4's and it sounded pants.  Has anyone else had a similar experience. 

Hmm I was searching for this question as I heard Tony Andrews wouldnt recommend using QSC amps..
Unfortunately, used QSC´s are often the ones that are actually affordable.

1850 FRB C. (;
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12