Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 553554555556557 690>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 12:47am
It was done like that because of space. I had let the Lampy's to do what they wanted, and I didn't have the space I usually have. If you look at the Badges, The bass cab immediately above the subs usually stands in between them to make three wide. However I lined the system up with the front of the console and the subs Subs seemed to couple right along the front so that was good, and just to get a sense of Scale, I actually can't see over the top of that console, it's above Eye level.
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 7:01am
Tony - Have you or do you have any plans to use your new system for live music? or is it going to be strictly a DJ rig?

Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 9:02am
It can be used for anything. I only consider my systems as PA systems. I have never understood the notion that people build or can only use a system for certain things. One thing I would say, is that you need a good mid. I personally only ever judge sound equipment on  the quality of the vocals. A reggae sound system is used like an effects unit and has little to do with reality. In the end it's just down to balance and good engineering, but I can't emphasise the importance of the Mid\hi sections. With bass, if it's a good box, all you have to do is add more or cut some out to get a balance. When it comes to doing the job, the only choice to be made is how big, and that encompasses the type of system. IB, horn loaded for projection etc. A good PA system will always be a good Playback system. In my own mid cab, I use two very efficient 12's and a co-axil compression driver, that does it for me at the moment.
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 9:54am
On that, what's the point of playing drum & bass if noone's playing guitar
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 10:06am
Originally posted by discosucks discosucks wrote:

also 
Standing next to the fireplace it looks like a very large hifi with very low WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) and very high NAF (Neighbour Annoyance Factor). Niiice!
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 10:14am
I only see a speaker system as a bunch of Speakers sitting there waiting for a half decent signal to come along so that it can get into reproductive mood. If for instance Drum and Bass is the subject, then more bass cabs may be required and the appropriate settings brought into play. A speaker is a speaker, they either do the job or they don't. I do Drum and Bass with my little system, and the only thing I add is an Analogue mixing desk so that I can get a good mic sound and have control over it.
DanielIt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 10:18am
I could not notice the 2 big barrels in the mirror sitting next to the DJ.Are they full with beer?
DanielIt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 10:18am
Oh my bad!! Beer is yellow'ish' ,so in this case there must be something "stronger" inside!!
DanielIt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 10:20am
Crap! my bad again..there seems to be 2 more in the far back of the mirror.Are they used as counterweights?
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 11:02am
They have lights in them, as can be seen in pervious photos. A bit over done now, Chesney has done some good installations with them http://www.cubesconcept.com

Edited by James Tengo - 24 April 2014 at 11:02am
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 11:41am
Originally posted by TONY.A.S.S. TONY.A.S.S. wrote:

It can be used for anything. I only consider my systems as PA systems. I have never understood the notion that people build or can only use a system for certain things. One thing I would say, is that you need a good mid. I personally only ever judge sound equipment on  the quality of the vocals. A reggae sound system is used like an effects unit and has little to do with reality. In the end it's just down to balance and good engineering, but I can't emphasise the importance of the Mid\hi sections. With bass, if it's a good box, all you have to do is add more or cut some out to get a balance. When it comes to doing the job, the only choice to be made is how big, and that encompasses the type of system. IB, horn loaded for projection etc. A good PA system will always be a good Playback system. In my own mid cab, I use two very efficient 12's and a co-axil compression driver, that does it for me at the moment.

I completely agree, I was just wondering if you have used it for live stuff yet and if so how you got on with it?

Would love to hear it one day. Every time i see the R2U system come up on here i get the urge to contact you to see if i can get one built lol
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 8:04pm
Regarding the lanterns, they are in fact diesel containers. They cost £35.00 each and I thought they were quite effective. They didn't leave much room for the DJ's, so they didn't have the usual crowd behind the DJ. Every cloud eh. I believe there is going to be an attempt to make a bridge over the top on the next one. One thing they did do and was to give a reasonable light on the the consoles, without being bright.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 553554555556557 690>