Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 687688689690>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tmg View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2016 at 1:30pm
Personally I thought the top boxes sounded good in general at Robotika. It certainly didn't blow me away, but it didn't sound bad at all, something just wasn't quite right in the highs for me. Being enclosed within walls made from shipping containers is never going to make for an easy day though.

Very very loud during soundcheck but I'd expect that from 9 boxes a side. But even with 16 F221 the bass was unable to provide much at all below 50hz and was very loud from 80hz up.

SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2016 at 1:38pm
Was is any louder this year than last? The whole festival last year seemed pretty quiet like some strick sound level control was in place. Might be that ive had my head in to many bass bins. Looks amazing in the pics.
KingGwarn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2016 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by SouthwestCNC SouthwestCNC wrote:

Was is any louder this year than last? The whole festival last year seemed pretty quiet like some strick sound level control was in place. Might be that ive had my head in to many bass bins. Looks amazing in the pics.

Winchester City Council are really right with sound restrictions and seem to be trying to increase those restrictions even further!

I was only a punter at Boomtown this year so don't know the exact details of the sound levels but it was definitely louder on the Thursday and Sunday day time than it was any other time.

I heard that three of the stages broke the sound restrictions on the Friday night so all the stages were forced to turn down at 9pm or face being kicked out and apparently permanently banned...I heard that several stages were told to cut off frequencies below 50hz and some even 80hz....really sucks!

Real shame though because all I've seen on Facebook since Boomtown is people moaning about the sound levels on the Sunday night but there's really not a lot anyone can do about it...just a shame the neighbours can't accept a faraway rumble for one weekend a year.
Soundman inna Brighton town
King Gwarn Sound System
tmg View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2016 at 2:06pm
They had major issues off site on Friday due various reasons, resulting in people getting turned down a lot later on. Some stage even having sub channels muted. As a result they had to be very careful on the Saturday night with levels. 

Overall it was nowhere near as bad as people are making out, keeping 120 stages in check is never going to be easy, and compared to a lot of other UK festivals the levels are pretty damn good! The production values and quality of lineup more than make up for it for me.

SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2016 at 2:18pm
The local sheep must need their sleep. 
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2016 at 5:19pm
wow everything's getting much bigger there! looks fantastic. doesn't need arcadia at all anymore!
THECANDLEMAN View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2016 at 5:41pm
I was at dekmantel where it was used at the inside but semi open at times ufo stage

The system in full with 14x 218s was impressive energy wise. The energy from bass to mid on bigger acts was very good.

Id say it was impressive as its a mainly techno event.

However compared to even the res 5 hangs on main stage the the upper mid and hf wasnt noticeabley well reproduced and I say was loud but not open/bright or detailed.

The res 5 clusters on main stage though shocked me how good they sounded on a huge field. Really good all weekend from 2pm on norm djs till jeff mills, dixon etc going for it late on each day.

They had 12x 218 on bass but centre fill was 2x f132. Was hard to tell how much they were doing. But the kick drum was impressive all weekend and covered well back into the field with ease for thousands of people.

Edited by THECANDLEMAN - 19 August 2016 at 7:36pm
Motion Systems - Void Airmotion, Airten & Stasys 218 With Powersoft DSP
immortal View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 8:05pm
Had such a fun week taking the rig to a small festival.

Managed to get the full system out but due to complaints we had to turn it down, it ended up being 100db stood just in front of the system. 
It turns out someone had taken a PA into some woods next across the field and had pointed it at the land owners house and across the camp site. They saw us on the schedule as a sound system and thought it was us.

Overall it was a very good week and I learned a lot about doing festivals, helped them set up the band on the main stage.

I also put 26ms delay onto a monitor into another tent so that they had some bass from the rig.

Cemetery Sounds
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 10:22am
Did something that i have been putting off ever since i first built these cabs.
Bought a sheet of 10mm thick HDPE to transform them into runners.
routed some grooves both in the bottom of the 15'' kicks as well as in the topside of the subs
Mounted the runners
And fits like a glove Big smile
The cabs are now always stacked extremely neat, they dont slide away anymore and i can rag them around a lot more without having to worry about damages. I hated those rubber feet, glad they are gone. 
Also mounted the runners on the bottom of the subs to replace the rubber feet but i dont have pictures of that. 
Best regards,
Teun.
mi mong View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 6:09pm
i went out today in my dressing gown......
mi mong View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 6:11pm
mi mong View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 6:14pm
managed to upload some pics at last........but no text!!!!Angry   so half my rig mn246 by marco and orbit4 mid hi cabs......subs are loaded with fane sb powered by sae pxm1450 mids are run of pqm8 again by sae

Edited by mi mong - 23 August 2016 at 6:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 687688689690>