Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 elements choice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asterisk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X1 elements choice
    Posted: 03 May 2010 at 1:54pm

Hello all, Im going to build 2 X1 Subs for starters, later upgrade to 4 and then possibly to 8 bins, so I am here in a bit of a pickle - which elements to choose?

Availability: Thomann.de webshop is 99% the only store i could get stuff from, not many suppliers in estonia... :(
Budget: 150....MAX 200 EUR per element, suggestably less than 150... although that sounds utopical...

AMPS: none for the sub department yet, I reckon im going to get some reasonably priced 5-600W per channel amps, probably not more, so I have to worries about some elements not sustaining heavy abuse over 800w. and can go for 650w Eminence elements aswell?

Really looking for some decent infrabass reinforcement, currently its very very hard to service dubstep and bass heavy partys. and this sruff is breaking from underground to mainstream FAST!

Greetings from Estonia.
hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 1:59pm
Welcome to speaker plans! By element do you mean the speaker? 
Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.
asterisk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asterisk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 7:21pm
lol,

Yes, element is the active component of the speaker (the whole thing).

Still dont know anything in a suitable price range that would be up to the task. My point being - i want a good strong low end responce, all the way to maybe 32...33Hz, that would be awesome
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 7:26pm
Element = Driver

X1 very hard on drivers, save up.

Welcome!
It just is.
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 7:28pm
Although it goes over your price range, I'd really suggest you to buy Void V18-1000's from Finnish dealer, Gaia Music http://www.gaiamusic.fi
I believe they have few in stock at the moment.

Edited by pfly - 03 May 2010 at 7:30pm
asterisk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asterisk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 8:08pm
Yes, they are both over my price range, otherwise I'd just use the eighteensound drivers.

Can any Eminence driver work in these conditions? even if not than with full power. really need some infrabass but no budget for it. especially if going to build 2 stacks of 2 soeakers... thats like 2000 EUR worth of components... Waaaaay over the limit i've got to work around with.
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 8:44pm
Build a different cab then. You will not hear the drivers giving up in an X1.
V1000/PD1850 PAudio SD18.
It just is.
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 8:51pm
Ideally you want driver with Thiele / Small parametres like PD.1850 and V18-1000, high BL (over 30), low Qts (around 0,2 - 0,23) and of course with lots of Xmax, usually these kinds of drivers cost money and they are pretty much designed to work in folded horns. If you really want to stick to Eminence, you'll probably blow them up soon. Usually it's not only power handling but the mechanical wear and tear. There have been cases of V18-1000 tearing its cone in X1 due to lack of cone control in BP6 or so. That will probably happen A LOT easier to Eminence. Also BP6 designs are pretty fussy about which driver you load in them I think.

V18-1000 has cost me 320e / driver from Gaia
Bjørn Dub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjørn Dub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by pfly pfly wrote:

Although it goes over your price range, I'd really suggest you to buy Void V18-1000's from Finnish dealer, Gaia Music http://www.gaiamusic.fi
I believe they have few in stock at the moment.

Thanks my friend (;  We need 2 urgent.. guess Finland is closer than UK..

1850 FRB C. (;
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 6:40pm
isn't peter moller on here a void dealer in denmark? maybe he could help you bjorn dub.. (actually i'm sure you know this..)
Bjørn Dub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjørn Dub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 7:47pm

Yes im aware of that, but thanks for your tip (;

Was just curious about the price in Finland

B
1850 FRB C. (;
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 7:56pm

Thanks my friend (;  We need 2 urgent.. guess Finland is closer than UK..
the price in Finland is too high B thats like 257£ + sending we´l end up paying about 300£ each
I´l call Void . Wink
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>