Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soundsystem Set Up, Start To Finish.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 12:16pm
you got no chance with £600 for 400 people...you could put a ok rig together for lets say 200 people max.....something like a berry ep2500  (like someone already said) for a bass amp,you can pick them up from £100/£150,then look out for 2 punishers or 1850 horn there is plenty of them going around manchester,you can pick them up from £200?£250 ish each if your lucky,and then some second hand  tops that you could power with your waf amp jbl or something like that .then you will need a crossover and cables so your looking at more like £700/£800..but your not far off dude, you can make a lot of noise for £800 if you use your head....you will have to consider moving everything about cos you will soon fill a car up with just one 1850 horn lol  

and =1 on the Genny and covering for outdoor stuff ..hope this helps

Edited by AUDIO HABIT - 06 May 2010 at 12:25pm
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions
SOS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

If you want the chance to hear JBL JRX125s first go to Jabez Clegg in Manc and go to the second room upstairs. But take it with a pinch of salt, that system has far too much bitey top end.

Been there & heard them mate.
Sound nice Tongue
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 4:50pm
I agree with audio habit on a lot of what he's said.
The DIY option would be to see if you can find a load of (4 minimum) second hand 15/18"drivers in the for sale forum on the cheap (you'll need to find ones with appropriate T/s peramiters) and design a ported horn around them, this will need a fair amount of knowledge and expertise though and would be something to think about after spending a significant amount of time looking over the relevant forums, and learning a bit of hornresp, though theirs plenty of people willing and able to help out designing speakers (myself included) but it will be about as cheap as you can make enough bass to do that number of people.
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
TmanG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TmanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 4:50pm
My two cents would be to go for a c-mark mr2650 instead of a berry ep2500 a lot more bang for your buck and pretty damn solid too with decent speaker protection, you can pick them up for about the same price as an ep2500 normally.
adamski1010 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamski1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 5:24pm
Sorry to thread hijack but, SOS, i've got a pair of nice JRX125s for sale for a good price.  Shoot me a PM if your interested!

Cheers
Adam
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12