FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plans for Horn loaded subwoofers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plans for Horn loaded subwoofers
    Posted: 24 February 2006 at 7:12am

@everyone

?????????????????????????????????????????????

lol!

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 3:47am
Originally posted by Image88 Image88 wrote:

2-MarjanM
Hope you had an ear full...You can now take your foot out of
your mouth...Geeeeze
2-Neverwinter
Thanks for your explanation.
image88 = hbl

Edited by mykey - 24 February 2006 at 3:49am
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 3:40am

@ Image88

???????????????????????????????????????????????

Image88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Image88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 1:49pm
2-MarjanM
Hope you had an ear full...You can now take your foot out of
your mouth...Geeeeze
2-Neverwinter
Thanks for your explanation.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 4:55pm
the aplication is put some kick on top of some module horns! yes 2x15 is the way to go! [the version of the plans i got are for singl but im gonna double it!] so its a lot of kick to go on top of a lot of sub!
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 8:30am

It is not a problem to make singles. Just cut the box on half.

I'll se what i can do about the pictures.

What is the application? If it is a small club and you only need a kick box, HD15 is far more simple to build.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 7:39am

cheers!

any pics v.much apreciated. by double i meant 2x15" not 4 haha yeah thatd be for instal only ive got sub [or will have!] so they wont be required to play down below 80hz! [the plan is for a 1x15" thats why i said double! i havent ever heard of any one building a single!] any pics v.much apreciated!

MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 4:59am

@Nigey-C:

Pictures are taken in the spring and summer 2005 and the post is from August 2005. I have made more of the PA since.

I also have 12 DR boxes with 18 Sound 18W800.

@coner: Yes they are sellenium hb1505c1 loaded with 2 Kappa15ProLF each = 1200W RMS @4 ohm.

What do you mean with investigatin double version? They are double already.

I am sure that you dont want 4x15 version. It is damn heavy box, i regret for not buildin single versions every time i have to lift them.

They are very loud bud dont go very low. In a stack of 8 you can fell the kick 100 feet away. They have excellent kick.

Construction is not that difficult and if you plan to make them out of MDF be sure not to miss any brace. It took a day for one complete box.

My friend was taking some pictures wile building with his phone. I will try to transfer those pics to my PC and will post them if you like.

Feel free to ask anything you like about them.

Regards

MarjanM

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2006 at 10:00pm

Originally posted by Nigey-C Nigey-C wrote:

MarjanM - From the looks of the pics on that other topic, you say that "this is half my system" to one of the pics... and you have jaff all there...

did you scroll to the right?

@marjanM are those the sellenium hb1505c1? if so !!!   wot was the build like? im investigating double vesions at the mo!!!

Nigey-C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigey-C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2006 at 4:55pm
MarjanM - From the looks of the pics on that other topic, you say that "this is half my system" to one of the pics... and you have jaff all there...
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2006 at 6:56am

Well if I am to play in the major league here (which is my intention) I need at lest 20KW more.

The biggest system that I was supporting has 24 JBL Vertec tops and 24 JBL Vertec subs with 24 Crown MA5002 witch is quite a bit more that what I have.

I will post a picture of the biggest event that I have done by my own so far tomorrow (pictures are on my office PC).

Why do I need lab subs?

I have made two of them just out of curiosity. Than I did few DnB parties and they never wonted any other subs. Unfortunately two were too few and they blow them so I build another two.

They sit mostly in their warehouse (they are damn heavy) and only play once in a month.

I will take them out when I can stack 8 of them in the center of the stage along with the other Selenium boxes placed L - R.

That will sound weeeeery good.

Will post some more pictures soon.

Regards

MarjanM

Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 4:47pm

hey marjan

pulling your leg = winding you up = taking the piss = joking

dont worry i fully understood you... i take it english is not you first language?  dont worry its my first language and i still cant be bothered to correct my spelling or grammer.... i like the way you spell phonetically though

@nigey... i think marjan said he did the drum fill or delay tower for these big events... not done the whole event so its believeable to me.

anyways if rog ever does make his new chemical speaker thing im gonna buy a couple and squeeze em some skytecs for a laugh!!!

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>