Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Polar Bear" Scoop build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2013 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by pfly pfly wrote:

30hz 48dB HPF & 80hz 48dB LPF

Good pre amp on that, all good. LOL
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2013 at 11:05pm
Ha, I know at least one happy soundman reading this who fully agrees with you Lev
revast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 10:20am
@pfly
Thanks for doing the polar bear scoop! We are a collective of dub enthusiasts from Graz, Austria, and are very interested in it.

We have talked with Dub Smugglers Soundsystem, they also have build Your design.
Buildphase-photos are available at their Facebook account:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150996514247223.482590.128547807222&=3

Among the many photos which you can also find there:

newborn

stack

detail

detailDime

sitting

frontal

2stacks

So Dub Smugglers (& propably others -tell us!) already have funSmile, we are in the planning phase right now. As this is our first build, we eagerly try to look at every detail and try to speak with as many people as possible to get it right.

As your original image uploads of the plan are offline, we would kindly ask If you (or, please, anybody else who would have them) could fix that, as well as we would be very curious if there were some improvements made to the design since the last 5 years.

We plan to use a 5axis CNC machine to cut the scoop(s), so we would like to work as thoroughly as possible. If you would find some flaws in our plans, please tell us.

I think that I can also speak for Dub Smugglers when we say thank you for designing such a wonderful scoop.

Edited by revast - 01 July 2015 at 10:18am
Sinai Sound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinai Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 1:56pm
Dub Smugglers didn't design them

And they also aren't the only sound with them Wink ahem cough cough
revast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 6:08pm
Well, I never said so.
You've to read it again...

We met Dub Smugglers in Vienna, at a dance of botheration HIFI, where we also played. This is where the contact comes from, and they brought our attention to this design.

And then I browsed their fb page and I found lots pictures of Polar Bears ;-)
Still, I am curious to get to talk with pfly, as he's the one behind the design; This, the fact that the original plans are offline, and that we want to share & get more infos, is the motivation of my post.

By no means would I have posted just these Photos if I would have I found more:

sinai

sinairough

more photos & detailed info is more than welcomeSmile.

Edited by revast - 30 June 2015 at 7:22pm
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 8:11pm
Been hereing good reports about the polar 52 loaded, is a big old scoop but if it performs so be it , do like that throat arrange ment means big chamber but can controll it , great design by pfly there

Edited by paulus - 30 June 2015 at 8:12pm
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
goliath View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goliath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 7:21am
Was really impressed when I heard this scoop, it doesn't have massive spl but sounded very deep and I like that. Much preferred these to the steve b's when I heard them together at the Dub Cub Warrior clash. 

PBS AUDIO

Please don't message me on here as I'm not on here that much these days. contact on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/sam.seekings.5

Speaker Box Builders
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 8:49am
Nice to hear positive comments!

Less nice is to see my plans being spread openly. This far I have pretty much willingly shared plans to whoever asks me. I'd like to at least pretend that I have some kind of control over these plans.

Oh well, beans are spilled now. No way reversing it.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinai Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 9:02am
All credit due to Mr Pfly Smile

Polar bear + PD1852 + K20 = amazing

Was only running on 3 scoops most of the night at the warrior clash, I managed to blow a PD1850 fairly early on - was a non genuine recone.

Strange how the other 3 genuine coned ones continued to work.......but that's a whole other topic
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 9:19am
Must have a listen Mr Sinai , also amazing how many sounds now going over to the powersofts, seen pic aba the other day with 3 in rack, tho these 52s do take some running must be over 10 sounds off top of head who are running the k20 now heard k10 and was just regular so seems the 20 is the one to go for

Edited by paulus - 01 July 2015 at 9:20am
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
revast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 9:38am
Would have been nice to tell that in first post of that thread that you would have wanted control of your plans...
Well... so far so good. Apologies are to be made from our side.

If you wish, We can take things down - It's your design after all. So it is only fair to follow your policy. That is, if you like us to, we also do not share plans publicly in first place, but if somebody asks, we share.

As you wish.

Edited by revast - 01 July 2015 at 10:15am
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinai Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 9:45am
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

Must have a listen Mr Sinai , also amazing how many sounds now going over to the powersofts, seen pic aba the other day with 3 in rack, tho these 52s do take some running must be over 10 sounds off top of head who are running the k20 now heard k10 and was just regular so seems the 20 is the one to go for

I've tried the inf8 with the PD1852 a few times, and whilst having a great tonality, the drivers can take more than it can give

Inf8 not having enough power! madness :)

There's quite a few big sounds that have heard the difference and have made the move

I was pushing 6k peaks if not more at the weekend into 4 scoops, and it was only pulling 10a at most

The efficiency is incredible 

We ran 6 x SBH a SIDE off the K20 the other weekend, which was equally ridiculous

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>