Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I borrow an amp tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I borrow an amp tonight?
    Posted: 24 July 2010 at 8:16am
Hi All,

I haven't got round to replacing my XP1500 that was nicked (paying for a wedding so funds are tighter than the proverbial) and so have had on long term loan my mate's Carlsbro Powerline 2000 to run my bins-it's not perfect but I have to admit does the job ok.

The thing is that tonight he needs it back and I'm in a marquee doing a wedding so could probably do with using my bins.  I've had a quick look at the pictures on the venue's website and it seems a decent size tent (maybe 150-200 capacity for dinner).

I was just wondering if anybody has UKP2100/XP2000/XP3000 or something with similar output and quality that I could borrow to run my ASS SP9's?

The gig is at Bath Racecourse and I live in Newport in South Wales so somewhere along the M4 would be great.  If you want to come to Bath, I can chuck in a couple of pints as well and, of course, am happy to return the favour as and when I am able.

The alternative is to run my SP5 and SP3 from my UKP1300 which would chuck out the sound no problem at all - I'm just thinking that without solid walls, I could do with a bit of bottom end reinforcement so I'm not over-driving anything.

Cheers in advance!
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 10:33am
I have 2 x MC2 1250's you can borrow if your desperate, There just outside of shepton mallet.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 10:39am
Thanks Dude!

I'll have a think and look at the map to see where Shepton is in relation to my route.
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 10:43am

Let me know as im off on another Job at 2 ish but i can leave a the rack with the old man. Drop me a text or something if i dont reply on here. 07766140461

Just make sure you can leave a passport or drivers licence.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 2:21pm
deffinatly a venue you want bins in, used to work there a lot and is a fairly big space to fill!!

would pop over and say hello but im far too hungover!!
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
backlash View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 2:39pm
I have 2 UKP2100x but I'm devon based, exeter bath is about an hours drive from me, as is newport.
According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.

Sound Hire
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 2:40pm
Mmm. I'm running out of time and options. We'll see how it goes with my SP5 and sp3's and 650wpc
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by backlash backlash wrote:

I have 2 UKP2100x but I'm devon based, exeter bath is about an hours drive from me, as is newport.

Exeter is about an hour away by car, but not in my Transit!

Thanks for the offer and had I thought about it, I would have set off this morning and got this sorted but I'd due to leave to go and set up the gig in just under an hour
backlash View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 3:11pm
By transit it is at least 6 hours! If there was enough money in it which there isn't I'd be kind enough to swap money for delivery.... what time does the gig start? HMMMMMMMM

I am about to go out if your REALLY stuck give me a call, its Will on 07784130749 I have several matrix amps in stock - xp5000, xt4004, ukp2100x
According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.

Sound Hire
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 3:23pm
Thank's Will, but there's barely enough money in it for me! (as is typical being a mobile DJ!)
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 6:37pm
All set up and plenty loud enough - the UKP1300 really is a great little amp, particularly when spanking ASS!!  Yes, I'd have liked to have my bins in for that bit of bottom end on the modern stuff, but I have plenty of good quality volume Smile
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2010 at 11:41am
Did the Gig.

I had my UKP1300 running my SP5 and SP3's (ASS not Peavey!)

It was absolutely fine - I did manage to peak quite nastily once playing the Black Eyed Peas album (heavily processed), but I jumped on the gain and turned it down and it was fine.

Next time I'm in that room, I will use my bins, but I coped OK last night and nobody complained that it wasn't loud enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>