Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Preamp schematics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Preamp schematics
    Posted: 12 September 2010 at 11:40am
Bless massive!

Does anyone know if schematics for any common preamp (mostec, tubbs, etc) is to be found?

tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 9:49am
LOL ur havin a laugh aint ya LOL
Preacher View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 9:57am
I am certain that someone did put up the schematics for a preamp a couple of years back on here, I think it was a tubbys one. It might have been that chap who was doing the valve retrofit pre's.
Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 10:12am
i will be gettn my hands on a well known brand pre soon not a tubbys or mostec!!! and intend to pull it apart and try and build my self a spare one so may be intersting,really no cost involved in it just all the switchs and pots and metal work and time which is where the money is
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
russ d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russ d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 10:16am
http://www.joredpreamps.com/DIY-build-your-own-preamp.php
Disciples on I-Tunes.

Disciples on Bandcamp: http://russdisciples.bandcamp.com/

Facebook: russ disciple

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/sargantbrown?feature=mhum
Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 11:23am

Quality link bredrin!!!!!Clap 

LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
Shamrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 8:18pm
Thanks alot Russ!

I see this Preamp uses Butterworths-filters for x-over. But Ive heard alot of people saying you really need to do a Linkwitz-Reily-filter for x-over. I know you are involved with Tubbys a bit. Do you know if he uses standard Butterworths?

I know Butterworths isnt any good if you play in a arena or such with the public placed on leaning area, but perhaps it wont effect sound systems that much?

And now I found a schematic for a modded JTS, cant really see on my computer so will print it tomorrow, but perhaps all is in that schematic and no need to build the seperate parts and link them?

Bless
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 9:19pm
and many thanks to joseph redemption ;)
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 11:47pm
not being antsy but is this not the same as asking for current speakerplans even though the more preamps the merrier mods ?
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 10:24am
Originally posted by TRE4U2NV TRE4U2NV wrote:

not being antsy but is this not the same as asking for current speakerplans even though the more preamps the merrier mods ?

+1

Originally posted by Nitz V1505 Nitz V1505 wrote:

Quality link bredrin!!!!!Clap 

Nitz the schematics on that site aint from his actual preamp Wink 
theyre just random bits n bobs of the net
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 11:25am
Guys, whilst its fine to post up a generic preamp schematic,ie,a general plan of roughly how to make one,but its best not to post up the actual schematic of a current manufacturer's model,as you may well be breaking the copyright of that design.
Be seeing you.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 12:23pm
there isnt a generic preamp, if a schematic was to appear it would have to be of one of the few preamp makers productions!

Edited by tweeter box - 14 September 2010 at 12:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>